Chapter 22

Later that day, Chaer stopped by the fraternity house to tell us that she had already received an email from the hotel and had spoken to the manager on the phone.

They expected us to be there on Saturday so the guys could already start performing that night.

"They will pay for everything; rooms, food and airfare. It's all include." She explained from her spot on the couch with her mouth half full of popcorn.

"And the five of us get a plus one. There are two suites, a Malle Suite for six and an Ocean-View Prime Suite for four."

"So who are you taking as a plus one?" Soph asked coming from the kitchen with a bottle of water in hand and sitting down next to Yeji on the couch.

"I'm taking Ning." James said. "And Zayn is taking Yuna."

"I'm taking Justin." Jake spoke and Justin smiled, surprised.

"Really?"

Jake looked me in the eyes. "Yeah."

"Who are you taking, Yeji?"

She shrugged.

"Um-I'm taking-"

"I'm taking Ryu. If you want." Chaer said and I nodded, excitedly, avoiding Yeji's gaze.

"-Soph." She finished her sentence and Soph squealed, her eyes lit up with excitement.

"What about Ryan?" I asked Chaer after everyone decided to order pizza and we were alone on the couch.

"His mother is sick and he's visiting her in Wales!"

"Oh, that sucks."

"Yeah."

"But thanks for taking me anyway. It's going to be great."

"I know." she smiled and I dipped my hand into the bucket of popcorn in my lap.

I was so glad she picked me before Yeji could say a name; I was pretty sure she would have picked Soph anyway.

"So the pizza is on its way." Josh announced walking into the room and sinking onto the couch next to me, laying his head on my thighs.

"Did someone order for me, no one even asked me what pizza I wanted." I pouted and pinched my stomach.

"Yeji ordered for you. Canadian pizza, right?"

I nodded and he slid his hand under my shirt.

"You know, for a gay guy you're pretty sensitive with me."

"You're driving me straight."

I rolled my eyes and he pulled his hand out, placing it on his stomach.
Yeji walked into the room and changed the TV channel to a soccer game, sitting down on one of the couches.

"So, you're not going to thank me for taking Justin as my plus one?" Jake asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Why would I have to thank you?" I asked, seeing Yeji raise her head to look at us out of the corner of her eye.

"Because you like him and he likes you and you're going to have babies in Hawaii."

"We're not having babies."

"So you're not denying that you like him."

Chaer had a smile on her lips as she pretended to be interested in the game.

"Shut up or I'll choke you with popcorn."

"Curly." He grinned and I ended up shoving popcorn up his nose.