Chapter 19

Yeji pressed me against the wall and kissed me, her fingers digging into my hips. I pulled away when I was completely out of breath and pushed her back by the shoulders.

"Yeji."

"Hm?"

"They're not really, they're not scars from self-injury."

"What?"

"They were... I slipped in the bathroom while shaving and accidentally cut myself. Nothing serious."

She stared at me, taking a step back.

"Fuck you!"

"Why are you overreacting?" I asked and she ran a hand through her hair.

"You scared me!"

"It's cute when you get really mad and your face looks like an angry kitten, your temple. It's weird."

"No! Don't do this."

"Do what?"

"Trying to get away with calling me cute and stuff."

"I don't understand why you're so mad about this Yeji, I mean, you cut yourself all the time!"

"Yeah, but I-I deserve it, you don't." I rolled my eyes. "And don't try to change the subject. I'm still mad."

"No, you're not." I said and smiled at her, baring my teeth.

"Stop." I made the goat face and she rolled her eyes. "You look stupid."

I arched my eyebrows and she covered my face with her hand. I licked her palm and she pulled her hand away, grimacing in disgust, before she pulled me to her and leaned in to kiss me.

"EW!" I stepped back to see Niki standing by the door, clutching the doorknob. "Mom said desert is ready."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." Yeji laughed and Niki smiled broadly at me, before following her sister inside.

I stared at the closed door, before sighing and going inside as well.

***

Finally, the last day of 2015 arrived. And with it also came the last day I was in the dorm.

I had no idea where to stay and my mother told me she wouldn't pay me anything because I caused it myself. So there goes that.

The dean arrived around noon, just before Chaer and I were getting ready to leave the dorm to meet up with the rest of our group.

He reminded me that he was going to check tomorrow night to see if I had actually left the dorm, and I assured him that I would be gone by then. Where exactly? I had no idea.

"You should tell the others" Chaer suggested as we walked toward the fraternity house. The streets were unusually deserted.

"So they can take pity on me? I'd rather not."

"No, but maybe you'd like it, crashing on someone's floor."

"And who exactly has an apartment?"

"As far as I know, Jake has one maybe you can have a room with him?"

"Yes, but he usually stays at the fraternity house. And I don't think I'd be allowed to sleep on the couch, thank you very much."

"Um, actually, you could sleep in the fraternity house. Ryan did while his dorm was 'off duty'."

"He was part of the team."

"He's a mascot, you're a cheerleader," She said and I shrugged.

"I don't know, I'll just...I'll tell them, okay? Later, when I'm drunk enough not to care and they'll be drunk enough not to remember."