Chapter 13

The next day came and I spent most of it drinking with James, who was also confused and wanted nothing more than the end of this festival. (One girl started flirting with Zayn and he took her behind a booth and fucked her).

I had no idea how to tell Soobin about Yeji and I, I was afraid he would beat me up or something. But I deserved it; after all, I brought it all on myself. I shouldn't have slept with Yeji in the first place.

Needless to say, I managed to dance for the one and only Conor Maynard, I only tripped once, but it was dark and people didn't notice.

"You're a mess." Yeji said later that night, when we were around a big bonfire, smoking and chatting.

"I'm not. I'm sober now." I told her and pointed to the packet of cracker Yuna gave me to suck the alcohol out of my system.

"You're not even legal."

"You're not even punk." I defended myself and she rolled her eyes, sitting down on the grass next to Maddie and me.

She pulled a cracker out of the packet at my feet and shoved it in her mouth, chewing noisily, knowing I hated it.

I crossed my legs under me, before leaning over to grab some daisies and make a daisy chain.

"So, when are you going to tell him? I hear he's leaving early in the morning."

"If I see him, I'll tell him."

"What do you want me to go with you?"

"Um, not really."

Soph joined us five minutes later and started flirting shamelessly with her (she was drunk and didn't even speak coherent words).

I finished the daisy chain and crept up behind Yeji, who was now in an intense make-out session with Soph.

I placed the chain carefully in her semi-combed hair and she pulled away from Sophie, so she started kissing her jaw, neck, all over. Yeji turned her head towards me.

"What did you put in my hair?"

"A daisy chain."

"What-" She said, reaching out to touch it, but I slapped her hand away.

"No touching! It looks cute on you."

"If you use that word one more time, I swear-" She warned and I gently punched her in the back, rolling back to my spot.

"Want one?" Maddie asked, handing me a cigarette. I shook my head and Yeji took it.

"Baby." A whisper in my ear startled me. I turned around to see Soobin smiling at me. "I'm leaving in like, thirty minutes and I came to say goodbye," He said smiling, settling his backpack over his shoulder.

Everyone in our group turned to him, probably interested in some sort of romantic goodbye exchange.

"Um. Well. Wait." I said getting up and dusting my ass off, in case there was any grass stuck to my pants. "Can we um, like, talk a little further? I need to tell you something."

Yeji bumped her elbow against my calf, and I kicked her in the side once Soobin started walking to a more secluded spot.

"So what's new? You're not going to break up with me, are you?" He asked. I turned my eyes to our group, who were watching us intently.

"So ... I don't know how to say this, so I'll just say it. I slept with someone else while I was here."

He looked at me for a moment and took a step forward, his eyes darkening slightly. I immediately took a step back and saw Yeji get up and come towards us.