Chapter 26

We didn't stay long in the club and no one drank anything except Yeji, who had a few beers, and Ning who did a round of drinks with Yuna.

We were exhausted, so we ended up leaving two hours later and took cabs back to the University.

They dropped us off at the fraternity house, so Chaer and I had to walk alone. It turns out that Justin was actually going to stay in his dorm which was on the other side of campus and I had to walk alone.

"Okay... then... good night." I said awkwardly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Justin asked for the thousandth time.

"Yeah."

"Well goodnight then." He smiled and leaned in, kissing me.

His hands quickly squeezed my cheeks and he winked at me, before turning and walking in the direction of his dorms. I said goodnight to everyone on the front lawn, talking.

"Ryu, wait!" I heard Yeji call and turned around to see her trot towards me.

"What?"

"I'll walk you to your dorm."

"But-"

"Just walk." she hurried and I frowned, confused as to why she was rushing me.

We walked in silence at first, before she huffed.

"He wouldn't even walk you to your dorm."

"So? He has school tomorrow."

"Me too."

"What's your point, Yeji?"

"My point is that he doesn't care."

"What is it to you, are you really that selfish?"

"How the hell am I selfish?" Yeji asked, stopping abruptly and turning to me.

"You don't want me to be happy with him, so you're trying to make me jealous."

"Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Happy. With him I mean."

"I am." I said, holding my breath to see how she would react.

She didn't react; she just started walking again.

The walk to my bedroom from that point on was really awkward and silent. I could hear her erratic breathing beside me as we walked and it was starting to annoy me.

"Okay, do you have a problem with Justin or?" I blurted out, stopping dead in my tracks and turning to her rather violently.

"Why?" she asked, pretending to be bored and annoyed with this topic.

"Because you've been a jerk to him lately and every time I talk about him you make these rude comments that are unnecessary."

"So? Like I said before, just because he's your boyfriend now, does that mean I have to give him some kind of special treatment?"

"What the fuck? The only treatment you've been giving him since we got together is rude comments!"

"Am I supposed to kiss his feet or?"

"Why are you acting like this? In fact, I know why you're being like this. You're jealous."

She snorted.

"Jealous, ha. Of what, him, because he can be with you?"

"Maybe?" I asked raising my voice.

"And why would I be jealous?" she continued, taking a generous step toward me, suddenly in my personal bubble.