Chapter 23

We stayed glued to each other for a few moments, trying to catch our breath, before running a hand through her hair and suggesting we go back to the hotel before we froze to death.

"I think I'm literally going to die of hypothermia." I said once we were back on shore.

My teeth chattered as I struggled to pull my dress over my wet underwear. Yeji came up behind me and placed kisses on my neck, making my skin burn despite the shivering cold.

"Your ass is so fucking hot." She whispered and ran her hand from the back of my thighs up my spine.

"Maybe, but I'm so cold and I can't feel my toes" I said and had to sit on the floor to put on my sandals.

"And do you think the sandals will help with that?" She asked.

I shrugged and she sighed, pulling the Vans off with her feet.

"Here."

"You're giving me your shoes?" I asked incredulously.

"You don't want them?"

"No! No, I do. Thank you." I said quickly and put them on, lacing them up.

I had to admit they were warmer than my sandals.

After I stood up, she took the sandals out of my hand and smiled.

"What a gentleman" I said smiling and she rolled her eyes.

"So you don't want a piggyback ride back to the hotel?"

I smiled excitedly and nodded my head, before reaching around her and jumping on her back after she bent over.

"Come on, bitch." I said and she pinched my calf.

"You're heavy." She complained as we entered the compound.

"You're stupid." I replied, knowing she was joking.

People didn't even bother to look at us as we walked through the hotel.

She put me down once we got to the elevator, straightened her shirt and stretched.

I stumbled on my way to the elevator and she pressed the button for our floor before turning back to me.

"Your shoelaces are untied." She said and I stretched my feet out smiling. "What?" She asked confused , but then realized. "I hope you don't expect me to get down on my knees and tie your shoelaces."

"Like that's the dirtiest thing you've ever done on your knees."

She looked at me with a gleam of pride and awe in her eyes, before bending down and tying my shoelaces.

I smiled triumphantly and she gave my cheek a squeeze as the elevator dinged. We walked down the hallway in silence and she stopped at her room.

"Don't you want to come with me?" I asked a little disappointed.

"What about Chaer?"

"She's sleeping on the couch."

"So you planned this in advance? You think I'm some kind of slut?" She asked, trying not to smile.

"Okay then." I replied, pretending to be offended as I slid the card over.

"No, I'm kidding." She said quickly and rushed to my side as I entered the suite.

It was dark and I carefully removed my shoes as she dropped my sandals to the floor.

"Where's the bathroom?" she asked.

"In the bedroom."

"Good."

She followed me into my room and carefully closed the door behind her.