Chapter 8

The next morning was a little warmer, but I wasn't going to risk it by dressing lightly. It was that time of year when it was either too cold or too hot outside. Then later I would end up getting hypothermia or a stroke during the afternoon.

I chose to wear Yeji's black jacket, as I intended to return it to her after the lecture.

"I can't wait to see Mr. Gray today. I wonder how he's going to flirt with you this time." Chaeryeong began.

"HE was NOT flirting with me, let it."

She rolled her eyes and threw her Subway paper in the trash, wiping her hands on her skirt.

"Tell that to everyone who was in the class."

"I bet he only have something about brunettes?"

"Beautiful, innocent brunettes?
That's ridiculous and painfully obvious."

"You're overreacting. And besides, he said he wouldn't date a student."

"Okay, well, first, dating and fucking are two different things, and second, he said it was illegal, not that he wouldn't do it. Ya
you know, the definition of deny means to use the word no. What he did was nullifies the truth and also avoids the denial. I study psychology, so don't fuck with me."

We walked to our seats and
I was surprised to see that Yeji was already in her seat next to Ryan and Zayn.

They greeted us and as we sat down, Chaeryeong continued:

"Speaking of studying psychology, who ate you yesterday?"

I choked for air and heard Yeji chuckle behind me.

"What, no one."

"Don't lie to me Ryu! You're wearing a skirt today, which means you're either trying to impress someone or someone attacked you last night when I left."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

"So, what you're trying to say is that your intention is to seduce Mr. Gray into fucking you?"

"I don't want to fuck Mr. Gray! I-"

"That's not appropriate language for a diplomatic institution, Miss Shin."

My whole body froze as I turned to face the door where Mr. Gray stood, amusement in his eyes and briefcase in hand.

"Uh, sorry sir."

"Good morning class." He said going to his desk and placing his briefcase on it, before turning back to us.

Everyone stood up and returned the salute. My cheeks were still on fire as I sat back down.

"Considering you have such a large vocabulary, Miss Shin, why don't you come forward in front of the class and explain the meaning of the word?"

Where are we, seventh grade?

"UM okay?"

I stood up and Chaeryeong made room for me to slide down and walk to the front of the class next to him.

"So? Um."

"That's quite a short skirt you're wearing, Miss Shin." He observed, his fingers brushing the hem of my skirt.

Chaeryeong's face changed into an expression of astonishment, as did half the class.

"I'm sorry?"

"You know it's against the rules to wear short skirts to lectures."

"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms, feeling rather bold. I heard some people laughing as I looked at the professor, who was a head taller than me.

His gray eyes intimidated me as he looked at me, towering over my body.