Chapter 27

Long chapter.

.
.
.

The guys and I walked from cheerleading/football practice back to the fraternity house after we all showered in our locker rooms.

Jake gave me a piggyback once we were on the same street as the frat house and dropped me off by the entrance.

"Hey Yeji, did you tell Justin to bring us McDonald's for lunch?"
I asked her what we rehearsed this morning.

"Yes." She replied and Jake looked at me.

"Did you tell him to bring me something too?" I nodded. "A box of twenty chicken nuggets."

Zayn and Bryan went upstairs while Josh, Yeji, Jake and I stayed in the kitchen.

I hopped over the counter and grabbed one of the paper bags labeled and opened it to reveal my order of fries, a burger and Sprite. I had to make room in my stomach for tonight's dinner with Yeji.

She and I looked at Josh as he walked to the freezer to get some vanilla ice cream. He gasped when he saw there wasn't any in there.

"Okay, who the hell took the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer that clearly had my name on it?" he asked, looking intently at Yeji, who shrugged as she took a bite of her cheeseburger.

"Check the fridge, mate." Josh did so and sighed in relief when he found said box.

He took it to the counter next to us and opened it, before taking the bottle of caramel syrup that was actually sauce and pouring it over what he thought was vanilla ice cream.

He pulled a large spoon out of a drawer and licked his lips as he dipped it into the ice cream, before greedily spooning it into his mouth.

It took him exactly two seconds to realize what was happening.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" he yelled and spat the food into the box, making me groan as I laughed.

"You're an Idiot." Jake laughed, the box of nuggets resting neatly in his lap, still unopened.

Yeji nearly fell out of her chair from laughing and Josh tossed the box in the trash before showing us his middle finger and walking out of the room.

"What an idiot." Jake laughed and cracked his knuckles before opening the box of nuggets.

He turned pale when he saw it was filled with tiny tomatoes and broccoli.

"NO!" he shouted, the box falling out of his hands as he stood up. "NO YOU DIDN'T! NO!"

Yeji was already on the ground, tears running down her face from laughing and I was close by.

"YOU CAN'T JUST PLAY WITH SOMEONE'S HEART LIKE THAT! NO! NO!" Jake continued to shout in a high pitched voice.

His face was read and I could clearly see a vein in his temple.

"April Fool's Day!" I said and he kicked the box before falling to the floor and hugging his knees, rocking back and forth on the floor.

"Aw baby, don't be sad, here you can eat my burger." I offered and sat down on the floor next to him.

He pouted but accepted my offer.

"That's bad, but I have to give it to you, it was a pretty good joke. Thank God you didn't put Josh in it, he would have had a stroke."

I laughed and Yeji sat back down in her seat, continuing with her dinner.

When Jake brought out two bottles of beer, he handed one to Yeji and asked if I wanted a sip from his bottle.

"I can't drink." I said and he gave me a funny look, like Yeji.