Chapter 25

So I didn't stop by the frat house that night because I was attending the NHL finals, which was (apparently) the most important league in the entire universe and the Rangers were in the finals against the Boston Bruins.

Of course, it was Yeji's car that picked me up at my dorm and of course I made awkward eye contact with her through the rear view mirror as I sat in the back seat next to Seungmin and Chris.

Yeji's hair was dyed lilac, with some blue highlights, probably the team's color.

Jake was in the front and after greeting me with a smile, he told me that the rest of the group didn't like field hockey as much as Yeji, Chris and himself.

We got a parking spot next to a restaurant, five minutes away from the rink because it was full. We could literally hear the screams and cheers from the audience getting louder and louder as we got closer to the entrance.

I caught Yeji watching me as we walked, eyebrows furrowed.

"I hope people don't get violent about these things." I said to Jake and he smiled.

"Last year, a man was rushed to the hospital because someone hit him with some skates."

"What?"

"Stop torturing her. That didn't happen love." Seungmin said, turning to look at me.

We found our seats just above the door and of course my seat was between Yeji and Seungmin.

"I'm going to get us snacks, who wants what?" Chris asked, getting up.

"I want popcorn and a coke." Yeji replied and handed him some money.

Jake ordered the same and also offered to pay for me, which I denied, saying I was full anyway.

Chris gave me a strange look, before shrugging his shoulders and asking Yeji to go with him. They left and Seungmin sighed, leaning back in his seat.

"This is so fucking boring and i'm so fucking cold."

"So why did you come?" I asked. He turned his head toward me, his piercing puppy dog eyes watching me.

"Because my stupid fiancé lives for this stuff and I love watching him get really nervous during the game, which will eventually result in angry sex or victory sex. Both work." I smiled and he winked at me. "Plus, he says I look adorable in his field hockey jerseys."

He added and narrowed his little hands a bit so that the jersey sleeves fell over his fingers.

Chris and Yeji returned ten minutes left before the start of the game, and I crossed my legs, watching the two teams stretching and practicing in the last minute.

Two minutes before kickoff, they huddled by their doors and talked in a circle.

"How long does it last?" I asked Jake, who was sitting on the other side of Yeji.

"About two hours. Depends."

"Oh."

"Are you cold?"

"No, I'm fine. A little cold, yeah actually."

"If you want, I can give you my jacket." Jake offered, but I shook my head.

"Don't worry, it's okay."

"If you say so."

I was about to say something else, but there was a loud noise and the game suddenly started.

To be honest, I didn't really understand much because it was so loud and everyone was on the edge of their seats, yelling and cheering.

Also, it was cold and I was very hungry, so I couldn't really concentrate on what was happening on the court.