Chapter 7

Stan bit his lip as he looked at his dad. "Mom, he's still drunk and pants-less. I'd rather wait until he was sober to talk to him."

Sharon gave him a small smile and nodded before motioning her head upstairs. Stan smiled back before leading Kyle upstairs and to his old bedroom. Kyle looked around the house curiously, everything intriguing him in the new environment. Kyle watched the smile Stan had given his mother slide off his face as he closed the door behind him.

"Stan..."

"Yes, Kyle?"

"I know I keep apologizing, but I'm sorry."

"Just... just stop, Kyle." Stan sighed as he sat on his old bed. The thin layer of dust covering the room's surfaces does not bother the older. Kyle stood awkwardly in the middle, looking around the room with a nervous aura surrounding him. Stan stared at the jittery redhead, an unreadable expression on his face.

Kenny...

Sparky...

His home...

Stan's lip quivered as tears welled in his eyes. What was he meant to do now? He couldn't stay in his parent's house forever. Was he going to die now? Stan didn't realize the sniffles that left his body as he pulled his knees to his chest. What if they tried to hurt more people he cared about?

A hand on his shoulder made him jump, and as he turned his head, he saw Kyle standing next to him. The hand placed on his shoulder belonged to the redhead, and he attempted to rub comforting circles on his back. Stan sighed, not having the heart to push the redhead away. "Kyle..."

"It's... it's okay...."

"Thank you for this, but let's be realistic. We're on the run for now."

"It will be okay soon ...? Am I doing this right? I saw it in the shiny box- vt?"

A soft chuckle from Stan.

"Tv, and yeah. You're doing fine."

Stan patted the spot next to him and allowed Kyle to climb onto the bed. A sneeze left Kyle's lips as dust from the pillow he touched entered the air. Stan chuckled and gave Kyle a quick bless you. They sat in silence, Kyle's hand never leaving Stan's side as he stared out the window.

"You grew up here?"

"Yeah, it sucked, though. Not- I mean- not as bad as you had it though I-"

"What are those plants?"

"Weed."

Kyle looked over and tilted his head in confusion. "Weed?" He echoed, and Stan nodded. Kyle moved closer as if he was now cautious of the plant. Stan gave a smile and told Kyle it was nothing to worry about. They sat in silence after that, Kyle around with so much wonder in his eyes. Stan's tears were on and off, but it always left him with Kyle trying his hardest to comfort him. This happened until Sharon called them down.

"What do I call your parents?"

"Um... Mrs. Marsh and Mr. Marsh, I guess." Stan said as he led Kyle down the stairs once again. Kyle hummed.

"Stanley! Look who showed up at the door!" Randy slurred as Sparky jumped off the couch.

"Sparky!"

Kyle held back a scream as he basically jumped onto Stan's back in fear.

"Kyle! Kyle-please- jeez, man! He's not going to get you!" Stan said as Kyle moved wildly on his back while Sparky jumped at Stan's legs. Sharon and Randy watched in shock as Stan tried to get Kyle to calm down. They shared a look before looking at him again, Kyle now in Stan's arms bridal style.

"Kyle, calm down. Spark, down boy." Both listened to him, and Kyle wrapped around Stan tightly as he stared at Sparky. Stan chuckled before looking at his parents with a chuckle.

"Um.. Let's eat."

"Yeah..."

Stan watched Kyle's mouth water as he stared at the food in front of him. It wasn't much, a sandwich, chips, some fruit, and lemonade. But Kyle looked at it like it was a feast and he could tell Sharon was appreciating it.

"So, now that everyone's here.. What called for this surprise visit?" Sharon asked as she popped a chip in her mouth. Stan saw a flash of worry take over Kyle's face, but the look from Stan eased it. Stan looked at his mother and tried to keep his voice even as he spoke.

"Well, people are working in my house. Messed up pipes and stuff. Kenny is working today and I thought it be nice to see you both." Lying through his teeth.

"That's so sweet, dear. So, how did you two meet?"

Kyle looked at Stan, wide eyed and mouth stuffed with food. Before Stan could answer Randy butted in, complaining about something. The pair shared a look of ease and ate their food quickly.

"Son, drink with your old man!"

"No, dad. I'm good-"

"What's weed?" Kyle asked, causing the table to go silent. "You have a lot growing outside, what is it?" Randy stared at him like he was crazy while Sharon raised an eyebrow. Stan looked at Kyle who had a face of curiosity.

"What's weed? Ha! Don't pull my leg son! You're only asking that because you know that you're on the best weed farm in all of South Park! Aw, Stan, you told him about our humble little business! Didn't you?" Randy cheered with a drunken laugh as he picked up his beer bottle. "Atta boy, Stan! Even out the house you spread the word of our business. Best shit in all of Colorado! All becuase it's made with Tegridy!"

"Dad, no."

The rest of the lunch was filled with Randy going on and on about how Tegridy farms was the best. Stan was silently thankful for it too, no more questions about him and Kyle at least.

Once it was over Stan took Kyle to the bathroom and told him to shower, and after making sure it wasn't an acronym for some crazy tourture procedure, he left Kyle alone in the bathroom. He sat downstairs with his parents, his eyes staring at Kyle's identification card he found in Sparky's mouth. When did he get that?

"Hey, do either of you know anyone with the last name 'Broflovski' by chance?" Stan asked randomly. Sharon turned from her knitting to think but Randy popped up, once again, before she could speak.

"Yeah! One of the lawfirms has that name on it's sign."

"Also, the person who runs the city council's last name is Broflovski." Sharon said as she stood up.

Stan watched his mother head outside, box of cigarettes in her pocket. He stared ahead for a few moments before grabbing one of his dad's bottles of whiskey and leaving. Stan took a hefty swig as he sat in his rusty computer chair, a sigh leaving his lips as he turned it on slowly. As he typed in his password Kyle walked in adorned in some of the clothes Stan had here.

"What are you doing?" Kyle asked as he sat on Stan's bed again.

"I found something out about your family. Someone named Sheila runs the city council. There's also a Broflovski Lawfirm somewhere."

"My dad! My dad's a lawyer... I think..."

"That would add up then."

Stan typed away on his computer and paused.