Chapter 14

Kyle stood up, helping his friend in the process, and gently led him to the bed. The redhead sat on the bed and patted the spot in front of him. Stan moved slowly, crawling between the redhead's legs so he could lie on his chest. Soon they were both settled, with the older wrapped in a blanket around his body while Kyle ran his hand through Stan's hair.

Stan sighed as he took in Kyle's scent, trying to push back the tears that wanted to fall. Kyle was warm, so warm. Stan couldn't help but pull himself closer.

"You always do this for me... it's only fair... I'm sorry for what happened, even if I don't know specifically. It's hard seeing you hurt."

The tears started to fall. Stan just wanted to sleep; he didn't want to suffer like this. He was scared, hurt, and unaware of how to control these emotions. The blue-eyed man needed a drink badly. Stan felt harsh sobs rack through his body as he held Kyle tightly. Kyle held back, rubbing circles on his back, running fingers through his hair, and kissing his forehead. That was something he saw on TV.

Stan cried until his face was sore and his body was exhausted. In this time, Sparky managed to get in bed. Usually, Kyle would freak, but seeing how the animal calmed him, he pushed his fear away. Stan sniffed and looked up at Kyle, who was still trying to comfort him.

"Kyle..."

"Hm?"

"Let's just go to bed, okay...?"

Kyle nodded, adjusting so both he and Stan could lay flat. It hurt severely to see Stan cry. He looked so empty; Kyle never wanted to see him like this. He felt something bubble inside his chest when he saw Stan cry. It made the redhead want to throw something or yell, but he didn't. He didn't because his current goal was to take care of Stan.

Kyle waited until Stan let out soft snores to close his eyes, allowing himself to Stay wrapped around him.

Stan opened his eyes and looked around. He was in his neighborhood, the sun shone, and the air smelt awful. He sniffed as he searched for the source of the smell. The ground beneath him squished, and a trail of red was left behind with every step. As he walked, the scent drew closer, making Stan want to throw up.

Suddenly he stopped a horrid sight in front of him. Kenny was in front of him on the ground, dead, just like when he and Kyle left for his parent's house. His corpse was rotting, bugs crawling in and out of the open flesh. Stan reached out to the body, but before he could, he felt himself being pulled away.

Suddenly he was faced with the metallic eyes that had tried to kill him. Stan felt the hand tighten around his neck, and he tried to scream in fear. It seemed to tighten increasingly, and Stan's attempt to scramble away weakened. Looking around the room, he saw his mother lying against the couch, a gunshot in the back of her head. On the other side, glass stuck out his father's neck as he lay dead as well.

Suddenly another robot walked in and made its way up the stairs. Stan heard a scream, and tears streamed down his face as he saw Kyle being dragged down the stairs. He kicked and yelled, looking similar to how he did when they first met. Stan wanted to reach out, but his body had no more strength. Stan felt himself be dropped to the ground, his body simply lying limp. The robot that once held him now moving to help the second robot with Kyle.

Suddenly the door swung open, and Eric Cartman walked in with a sinister smile on his face. Stan watched Kyle cry as Eric neared him, a knife in his hand. One slash and then another across the redhead's pale skin, blood pouring.

"You've caused too much trouble to be kept alive!" Eric said, pressing the knife to Kyle's throat but not cutting.

"No...!" Stan managed to cry weakly. The first robot made its way over to Stan and grabbed him by his hair, bringing him in front of Eric. The fatter sneered as he looked at Stanley.

"You can see your little lover die right in front of you. Isn't that fun?" Cartman said, the same manic look in his eyes.

Turning back to Kyle, he plunged the knife into the redhead's neck repeatedly until the robots finally dropped Kyle's body to the ground. Stan sobbed, watching his found friend die with no remorse. Cartman laughed wickedly.

"Take care of him and the place, have places to be. Sorry, it had to come to this, Stan. I would've made the redhead suffer long and hard if I wasn't in a crunch for time." Cartman said, turning around.

The robot threw Stan next to Kyle's body, and he reached to caress the redhead's face, but the robot took a gun from Eric and shot before he could even look at him thoroughly.

BANG

Stan jumped from his seat, his hands flying to touch his body. He was... okay.

The next thing Stan went to check was Kyle and Sparky. Both were sprawled across the bed, Stan unsure of who was snoring louder. The blue-eyed male gulped as he left the bed and made his way downstairs.

Randy was lying on the couch, an empty beer bottle in hand, while a random cooking channel played on the TV. Stan inhaled, swiftly making his way to the kitchen and grabbing a beer for himself. He popped the cap off, taking a swig before grabbing another and going back up.

Stan didn't know how much time had passed, but by the time he had finished the second bottle, he felt sleep trying to take over again, but Stan wouldn't allow it. He lazily ran his hands through Kyle's curls as he listened to the snores. That dream had really fucked him up. Anxious thoughts ran through his head as he thought of the endless possibilities of his and Kyle's death. Even tipsy, his brain hurt from fear. Reaching over, Stan grabbed his phone and played music softly to not wake Kyle. Music always helped. Music and alcohol.

Despite everything, Stan would ensure that his dream would never become a reality.

The duo ended up not calling Tweek or Craig the next day. In fact, they didn't call them at all. Stan and Kyle didn't do anything as the Marsh Family mulled over everything that had happened that night. It took three days for Stan to talk to anyone outside the house, and that was only because his boss had called him.

"I'm sorry, Stanley, but you haven't been to work in three weeks. You've been entirely off the radar, not even home. I'm running a business; I can't depend on you forever. With that being said, you're fired. Again, Stan, but my store will wait for nobody. Not Raheem, not Kenny, wherever he is, and not for you. Thank you for being a part of my team; I could see your passion for music and games. I'm sorry it had to end this way. Goodbye."

Stan listened to the voicemail on repeat; he had no more tears to cry. Stan guessed it was fair. His ex-boss, Nicole Daniels, was a small business owner. She sold old vinyl records and video games, which was a big hit in Denver, but competing with all the other small businesses was hard.

Stan banged his head against the wall, cursing himself in shame. How could he let this happen...? So much had happened, so much he couldn't tell anyone. Stan's mother kept asking what or who the robot demanded from Stanley. He couldn't talk about that either. Only if Kyle wanted to.

Stan had brought it up, but the redhead was still thinking. Currently, he sat at the downstairs table, still thinking of an answer.