Chapter 30

Kenny bolted out as the elevator doors opened to the top floor, searching for a paramedic. His bones were shaky, and he had little idea of what was happening, but the faster he ran, the more aware of everything he was becoming.

They were escaping.

The sound of explosions filled his ears, and he saw police blowing doors to different rooms off their hinges. Kenny ran up, his body moving on its own as he grabbed an officer's arm. "Hey! Hey, stop! Wait! I need your help!" The blonde yelled as he pulled the officer towards the elevator.

"Another patient! Quickly! Get him to a paramedic!" One of them yelled as another explosion went off.

"Wait! Please, my friends! They're hurt badly! They're losing a lot of blood; please, you have to help them!" He cried as the paramedics grabbed him, pulling him back. Why wasn't anyone listening?! Why couldn't they understand that he was being serious? Why wouldn't they let go? Kenny knew this town's police force was incompetent, but holy fuck, did they ever listen?!

"This boy is hysterical! I need a sedative stat!"

"No! Please! They're going to die! They're in the elevator unconscious! I think they were shot, I don't know, but they're bleeding badly!" Kenny cried as more paramedics tried to pull him back. Nobody was listening as another explosion went off.

"Stan! Kyle!" He screamed as he was stuck with a needle. Kenny tried to persuade them, pulling and tugging until his body fell unconscious. The doctors rolled him out on a stretcher, farther away from the scene.

Hundreds of patients of all ages were outside, scared for their lives from all the noise. Most were seeking medical attention, while others assisted the police to find different rooms and fight the guards. Among the commotion, Sharon searched for Stan and Kyle.

The chief stood tall as he spoke into his megaphone.

"I want a quick search around the place before we set off Big Mama! Search for Mephesto and make sure no officers are left behind!"

Police and paramedics flooded the building, kicking down doors and fighting against the creations of Mephesto. Patients and guards were brought out of the building, but no Mephesto or Cartman. Debris from their previous explosions covered the floor, making it hard to see. They searched the building for 15 minutes before deeming it clear. The chief gave the go-ahead to set off the big mama.

The announcement sent fear running down Sharon's spine as she desperately called out for her son and his friend to no avail. It was only when a disheveled Tweek told her that they hadn't come out did she run to the chief.

"Wait! My son and his friend haven't come out yet! Please! You have to keep looking; you have to find my baby! He has black hair, and his friend has red! Please, find him!" Sharon begged. She held the chief's arm, her body shaking as she realized her son was nowhere to be found.

"Ma'am, I can assure you, he's probably with an EMT. Let's blow this bitch up!"

"No!"

That's when somebody found them.

"Sir! We found two people in an elevator! Terrible condition; I need an EMT as soon as possible!"

"Good god, that blonde was right! How deep are they in the building?"

"The very back debris had fallen in front of where they're trapped, but one of those monsters knocked it out of the way when we killed it!"

"What did they look like?! Please, was it my babies?!"

"A redhead and a dark-haired male, ma'am."

"Holy fuck. Dawson, hold off on the big mama! I need some EMTs to go with Foley, now!" The chief yelled, turning to the Lieutenant. The older man was sitting with the control panel in his lap. He began rapidly hitting buttons on the board when suddenly, it was taken from his lap.

"I don't think so!"

Eric Cartman stood on top of an ambulance, three robots surrounding him. Police aimed their guns, but Eric laughed. "Don't even think about it, or I'll blow this whole place to bits!"

Everyone halted as they watched Eric.

"Now that everyone is listening to me. You can save Stan and Kyle; I don't care, but I refuse to let my work go to waste! I was stuck under that old man for months, and for it to be taken away from me?! Absolutely not! Fuck Stan, Kyle, that old man! If this shit is going down, it's on my accord! Now, I want 100,000 dollars and the mayor's job!"

"We can't do that, but please, those boys will die if we don't help them now!"

"Are you really telling me no right now?!"

"We can see what we can do, but please!"

"Eric, please! You know Stanley; you both were friends! Please, don't do this to my baby!"

Cartman smirked, raising the panel closer to his hands.

"Screw you guys."

The lab came down in a fiery explosion sending dust and debris everywhere. People ducked as the building exploded, and a ringing filled all their ears, yet Sharon's screams could still be heard. The earth shook, and officers pulled the older Marsh woman back as she attempted to run toward the collapsing building.

A cruel laughter filled the air as Eric disappeared into the woods; half of the officers followed him while others quickly ran towards the destroyed lab, searching for Kyle and Stan. Sharon was behind them, digging desperately, uncaring that the debris cut her hands. She had to find her baby.

"Stan!" She cried as she dug, praying to whatever deity there was that her baby and his lover were okay.

They had to be okay....

"Mom... I need to talk to you."

Sharon turned from where she was sitting on the porch. She smiled and patted the spot beside her, allowing Stan to sit. A cool breeze blew as they sat together, Stan grabbing his mother's hand and looking towards Sparky's grave.

"What's going on, dear?"

Stan squeezed her hand, sniffing as he avoided her gaze.

"So.... Dad's been gone for a while...!"

"He said it was a 'business trip'; probably just some way for him to sell more weed."

They both chuckled, Stan, leaning against his mother.

"This plan that I'm doing with Kyle and the others... It's dangerous...."

Sharon stiffened as she looked at her son.

"I love you so much, Mom. Thank you for everything you have done for me."

"Stan, you and your sister are the most important things in my life. I know you can't promise me that you'll come home, as hard as that is to say, but please promise me that you'll be careful. That's all I ask you for."

She wanted to cry, wanted to pull Stan into the house, and never let him leave, but she knew she couldn't. So Sharon pulled her son into a hug and kissed his cheek.

"I love you, Stan, be safe. I'm begging you."

"I will, Mom, I promise you, I will."

Sharon dug faster until she found a boy with red curs next to someone with black hair.

"They're here!"