Chapter 5

Sorry for not updating for a while 😁

"What do you wanna be? When you grow up." I ask.

"Um, I want to.." he starts. "I don't know."

"Isn't it too late for that?" I say.

"What do you mean?" He says.

"Shouldn't you know what your dream job is by now? You're in college after all." I point out.

"I don't think it's important right now. My mom doesn't have a problem paying for college." He says.

"I want to be an author," I smile.

I open my eyes and I find him looking at me again, before he quickly shuts his eyes. I close mine and smile to myself.

I love finding him looking at me, it makes me feel special. Normally, right about now I'd think about Chad, but I wanna take Harry's advice. Just sit back and don't think about it right now.

"I've written five books," he admits. "I wrote them all as a child, when I was bored or whenever.. never mind." His voice lowers.

I don't blame him for not wanting to talk about his childhood. I mean I don't know what happened, but I don't blame him.

"I've written tons of songs and two books actually." I say proudly.

He places his hand on mine. How did we go from making out to this? And why is he acting like this?

"Uhhm," I hum, in confusion.

He realizes he's touching my hand and quickly rips it away.

He sits up and rubs his temples, looking embarrassed as ever.

"You know this is so much worse for us, than if it were somebody else." he says.

What? Does that even make sense?

"What do you mean?" I ask still lying down.

"I'd be fine with making out with a girl and leaving her, but with you, you have to stay and live with me. I like it when I can leave right after, I don't have to deal with the awkwardness afterwards." he mutters.

Are you kidding me?

"You don't want to deal with me?" I scoff, sitting up to look at him. "Am I that bad?"

"That's not what I meant," he rolls his eyes.

"Then what did you mean exactly?" I fire back. "And you're acting like we had sex, we made out twice that's it."

"As if that's not the same." he mutters.

"No actually it's not, that's why there's two different names for them." I explain as if it's obvious.

Harry rolls his eyes.

"See this is what I'm talking about, I'm gonna have to deal with your bitching and nagging for the rest of the night, when normally I could just leave and not speak to you ever again." he groans.

I immediately regret the last two hours with Harry as he says that. Is this really how he sees me? And other girls? I'm not having it. Not today.

"Well good thing you and your poor little ass won't have to deal with me tonight." I announce, standing up and walking over to my bed.

I don't even know where I'm going, but I'm not staying here, not tonight, anyway. I grab a small backpack and start shoving clothes and toiletries in it.

"Mackenzie," he calls as I zip up my bag. "Don't be dramatic."

"I'm not dramatic, I just don't want your poor little soul to be forced to hang out with me." I mock him.