Chapter 64

I had woken up abruptly scanning the room around me. I looked over to see the familiar shape of Harry's body under the covers near me. My eyes looked around the room, my eyes falling on Harry's broken guitar.

Another nightmare. I hadn't had one in a while. I looked over to check the time on the bedside table alarm clock. 3:46 am.

It was officially Christmas break. I wasn't going to leave right away. I wanted to spend a couple more days here, before going off to my mother's house. I was kinda dreading going home, talking about college and my relationship status wasn't really something I was looking forward to.

I tossed and turned for a while, it was like I just couldn't empty my mind. Harry was mumbling strange things in his sleep, rolling over to me and engulfing me in his arms, his hold too strong.

I was uncomfortable, my face was pressed right up against his chest. I shimmied myself out of his grasp, making him groan and reach for me.

I rolled towards the edge of the bed, so Harry couldn't grab me anymore.   

I looked over at him, to see his eyes open ever so slowly.

"Why are you up?" He groaned, rubbing at his eyes.

"Bad dream again," I sighed.

"Was it about Chad?"

"No, just a scary one." I shrugged. "It was nothing too bad, I just can't fall back asleep."

"Hmm." He hummed.

He pulled me into his arms and I warmed up into his body. My head resting against his chest in a more comfy way.

"You hear that?" He asked, his eyes closed.

"What?"

"My heartbeat. Hear it?"

I nodded.

"Just listen to it, focus on it. Keep listening and don't think about anything else. You'll eventually fall asleep."

"This is dumb."

"Mmm," He lazily hummed, falling back to sleep.

With a sigh, I did as he said and surprisingly fell asleep in no time.

-

"I think I'm gonna come on Christmas Eve, mom." I replied over the phone.

"Okay honey. That's fine. Gotta go, bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone.

After I placed my phone down, I took a giant bite off the burger I had ordered, Quinn watching from across the booth we sat in.

"When are you leaving for Christmas?" I asked.

"I don't know if I am. My family sort of hasn't spoken to me since I came out to them as bi." She shrugged, seeming unbothered by that.

"You can't be alone on Christmas." I sympathized her.

"I'll just tell people I'm Jewish. Besides Cristiano is gonna be out of state tomorrow, you're gonna be with your family, so there's not much I could do in the first place." She sipped on her milkshake. "What is Harry doing?"

"Probably just going home to Anne and Gemma."

"Are you guys an item or not?" She raised a brow. "Last night all you guys did was flirt."

"Oh please, all we did was talk." I defensively remarked.

Yeah.. All we did was talk.

"Then explain you guys going into that room." She challenged.