Chapter 26

(A/N: the song is spaces by 1D😏 bc I'm unoriginal okay?)

-Harry's POV-

"So I took my time writing a song, while we were broken up." I sigh grabbing my guitar pick out of the case of my guitar.

"How come I didn't even know you had a guitar? You know how to play?" She asks.

I simply nod and strum the familiar strings that I've been working on for days, shutting her up.

"Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight? Who's gonna be the first one to fall asleep at night? Who's gonna be the last one to drive away? Who's gonna be the last one, to forget this place? We keep taking turns, when will we learn? Oh, spaces between us, keep getting deeper, it's harder to reach you, even though I try. Spaces between us, hold all our secrets, leaving us speechless, and I don't know why. Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?" I sing, strumming the strings along with the music, my eyes never leaving hers.

She watches me as I sing and play the guitar, and I think I catch tears well up in her eyes.

Girls love this stuff, they eat it up, but the way Mackenzie is reacting makes me so happy. She isn't squealing and laughing, but all she sees is the pure emotion between us. She actually appreciates that I put time into this.

What the fuck did I just say? Did I turn into a fucking poet after I met her? Whatever.

As the song come to a close, I quickly place my guitar into my case, tossing my pick in the case, my eyes never leaving Mackenzie's.

She gets up and stand next to me, sitting next to my guitar case.

"H- how was it?" I ask, eager to know if she enjoyed it.

She ignores me, and places her lips on mine, putting her hand on the back of my neck. I eagerly kiss back, and pull her into my lap. I lean back, into my headboard, as she places her forearms on my shoulders.

I break the kiss, and nip at the smooth skin of her neck, my teeth grazing over her skin. She gasps at the contact and I chuckle to myself. She sits there motionless, as I kiss down her jawline, moving my lips just under her jaw. I suck and kiss the area and leave a small mark. She moans as I suck at the sweet spot just below her ear, that I know she loves.

"I love you," she smiles and I smile back planting a short kiss on her lips.

"I'm sorry for freaking out on you about trying to kiss me." She blushes. "That was obviously really stupid, just look at us." She chuckles nervously.

"You trust me right?" I ask, out of the blue.

"Of course, why?"

"You just seemed a little distant, normally you'd let me kiss you." I shrug.

She sighs, shrugging her shoulders.

"We aren't back together, and I just got back from a date with another guy, this whole thing is a mess." she says, looking in my eyes.

"I want to be back together, honestly. And I want you to feel the same way, what do I have to do for that?" I ask calmly, running my hands through her long brown, tousled hair.

"You already have it. I feel the same. I just don't know how to pick up the pieces. I've dragged Calum into this, and the video.." She says, her eyes turning to an icy blue, not her normal baby blue.

"Cmon, don't be sad, we've got each other and.." I start. "That's a lot for love, we'll give it a shot! Ohhhh, we're halfway there, ohhhhh! Livin' on a prayer!" The lyrics come to me randomly, and I sing them in an awful singing voice knowing she will laugh.