Chapter 18

Harry and I arrived at the dorm room at 6:30 pm and I immediately get a call from Zayn. As much as I don't want to answer it, I force myself to. Harry's in the bathroom anyway.

"Are you okay? Is Harry okay? What do I do with Courtney, Harry was her ride.." He says in an exhausted tone.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. It's not like he actually cares if Harry is okay, and why doesn't he just drop her off at her apartment? I know that I'm being too hard on him, but he's irritating me. I just want to- need to - relax.

"Harry and I are fine. I'm sorry for leaving you Zayn, but Harry needed me. And I am sorry for leaving you with Courtney, and leading you on. Just give her a ride or call her a taxi, thank you and I am so, so sorry."

"Leading me on?" Zayn says and erupts into a fit of coughs.. "No you didn't lead me on.. but what, do you have feelings for Harry?"

"Yes," I uncomfortably answer and I hear him hitch a breath.

"You could still come over?" He half asks half commands.

"No, uh I've got to go." I lie.

"Oh, okay, maybe we could hang out another time, like a date?"

I just told him I had feelings for Harry, I obviously led him on.

"I'm sorry Zayn, but you have to know we can be friends and friends only, and if we can't do that then I think we should stop talking." I swallow.

"Friends then." he says.

"Friends," I whisper.

"So we could hang out as friends?"

"I gotta go Zayn, bye." I hang up.

Why is he not getting the idea? I obviously have feelings for somebody else, and I obviously don't want to hang out with him, so why didn't he just take the hint? But then again I did lead him on, and I feel bad for that.

"Why did he call you?" Harry sighs, walking out of the bathroom with an exhausted look on his face.

"He called asking if we were okay and what to do with Courtney." I say.

"Please don't talk to him anymore," he pleas looking at his hands.

"Why?" I ask.

"It's not good for us, I won't hang out with any other girls and you won't hang out with him." He shrugs.

"I know you hate hearing this, but are we a thing now?" I ask. "Hell, I don't even care about labels but I wanna know if this is real before I screw it up." I ramble.

I know the answer coming up and I was stupid to even ask in the first place. He will just say no and I'll still be stupid enough to mess around with him.

"It's your choice." he says, I raise an eyebrow and look up at him, my eyes filling with hope.

"What?"

"It your choice," he repeats. his eyes meeting mine.

I don't know what to say. I want to say yes, but I don't know how to say it. I decide to ask him what he thinks so it won't be awkward if I said yes and he didn't want to.

"Do you want to?" I ask him, scratching my arm and looking to the floor, awkwardly.

He walks up to me and once he's close enough he places his fingers under my chin, tilting it up, forcing me to face him.

"Yes." he confidently whispers, searching my face for emotion.

I sigh in relief and wrap my arms around his neck.