Chapter 32

You guyyzzsnshsjjs are sweet as hell and I'm sorry if I don't respond to your comments if you're asking a question or something - I'm just getting lots of comments lately and they make me cringe so hard bc I hate reading my own writing lol and sometimes I don't check them 😂 so sorry but if you had a question or something like that just message me

-

Waking up in Harry's strong arms is the usual for me, but having to get up and knowing that things won't be like this for a while, is anything but.

I already regret our argument, but it's for the best. We needed this break, even when we first got back together. We agreed on friends one night and then the next night we had sex for the first time. That isn't okay. If it's still too hard for me to be here with him, I won't hesitate to stay somewhere else if I need to. As much as I fucking despise it, we need to take this break. If we don't this will just happen again. He needs to be away from me, and see what we really have, before he goes and throws it away again.

I feel sick. My stomach is churning and my head is spinning. I really don't feel well.

I sigh to myself, resting my head on his broad shoulder. I'm going to miss this. I'm not going to see anybody else on this little break, because I need my own time. I need to be more independent. I wasn't independent the first time we broke up. I was depending on Quinn and Calum to be there for me, and yes that's okay, but I am going to need to be more dependent if Harry and I ever break up... for good. Even the thought of us breaking up for good makes my head spin. I need to change that. I want to be more dependent on myself than him. So if anything went wrong I'd be ready and I wouldn't make excuses. I would leave. I have a feeling that something like this will happen again.. and I need to be ready for it.

I make the decision to stay with him until he wakes up, I want to enjoy my last time in his arms for a bit.

I trace some of the tattoos on his arms. I trace the heart, star, three nails, rose, the ship, and I move slowly down his arms, tracing every tattoo in sight. I go down to his wrist slowly tracing every one along the way. I reach his wrist and I run my fingers over the lock, the key, and a small image I can't really make out. I move to his torso, and run my fingertips over the velvety skin of his sparrow tattoos. I will miss this so much.

Just being near him makes me want to forget the whole reason I'm doing this. I don't want to be mad at him. I just want to stay here and forget. But I can't. Reality is killing me lately. I need to open my eyes, he did something. Something unacceptable. I can't stick around and be fine with it. I'm not that whipped, right?

"Please don't go." I hear him say in his sleep, his voice deeper. He tightens his grip around my waist.

His words warm my heart, but I shake them off. I have to.

I let out a frustrated exhale, glancing at the clock. 7:45 AM. I am gonna be late and manage to look disgusting. I shake Harry repeatedly, attempting to shake him awake.

"I love her. She said she wanted to leave me, but I'm an egg," he mumbles, turning to his side, with me still in his grasp. "Peanut butter never looses, Rodney."

I giggle at him, he's talking in his sleep.

"Code blue," he whispers.

I could lie here forever, listening to Harry say words of complete nonsense.

I'm awfully hot though. It feels so hot in this room and his arms around me, make me sweat even more. I already don't feel good.

"Harry wake up." I groan, and I feel him stretch his arms.

I watch him as he wakes up. I watch the way his eyes slowly flutter open, his pupils dilating. I watch the way his pink lips part as he lets out a short yawn. I watch the way he closes his eyes again, attempting to fall back asleep. I begin to shake him again, and his eyes slowly open, a lazy smug grin taking over his features.

"I love you so much." I sigh.

"Then don't leave me." He says, his voice so much deeper.

I shake my head getting up and stretching my arms over my head. As I stand up I feel dizzy and light headed and just overall not well.

I'm hot and I feel like my stomach could burst at any given moment. To top it all off I had a headache. I'm not even on my period, I sometimes feel this way when I am on it.

What could I have done to make me feel so sick? Did I eat something? I did share a can of coke with Quinn while she had a cold a couple days ago, but I didn't think much of it. I probably just have a fever, a really strong one.

"I feel gross." I mutter to myself.

"Stay here during school." Harry suggests, getting up and placing a palm on my forehead.

He widens his eyes at my temperature bringing his hand down.

"God, you're fucking burning," he whispers, I sigh and place my own hand on my forehead.

He was right. My forehead was scalding hot.

He enters the bathroom, looking through the mirror cabinet.

"Tylenol fixes everything right?" Harry asks, his green eyes frantically searching the cabinet.

"Tylenol, Advil, and rest should do the trick." I sigh sitting onto the bed.

"I'll get it for you." He says, getting out Tylenol and Advil. "We only have kids Tylenol, and it's cherry flavored." he scowled at the awful flavor.

Cherry flavored medicine is absolutely disgusting. Bubblegum is the best.

He soon walked up to me, medicine and a water bottle in hand.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking the items from him.

Harry watched me in concern, as I swallowed down two Advil pills and unfortunately scarfed down two capfuls of the foul cherry liquid. I wash the awful taste down with some water.

He eyes me carefully before sitting in front of me. He places his hand softly on the side of my cheek, using his thumb to caress it. I don't even fight it.

"I should stay."

"No, go to class. You miss it enough, and I'll be fine, I need to learn to take care of myself and you do too. We both need independence." I nod to myself.

Harry sighs, looking into my eyes sadly. It takes everything in me to not kiss his still faintly bruised cheeks, and his beautiful lips.

"You don't want me anymore." he whispers, looking directly to the floor.

My face softens and I frown at him. He isn't understanding where I'm coming from.

"No Harry please," I say reassuringly, placing my fingers under his jaw and tilting his head toward me. "I want you, I love you, this is for the best. We will end up together in the end."

"Don't do this to me again, you've done it so many times Mackenzie." He says.

"Don't give me a reason to." I sigh.

"Deal."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want them back together already UHGH

That was boring sorry I put you through that lmaoo