Chapter 34

-
4K reads - 306 votes - 260 comments

thank you. :)

-

When I enter the room I'm instantly reminded of how stupid this is. I can't move out. Not with no job or money. And I can't go back to Quinn. I'm just gonna request a new dorm, and I'll request for a dorm like Quinn's. No roommates. No bitchy girls. No completely insane girls. No boys. No one to hate. And no one to fall in love with.

I have four things to do: call the office and get a new room, finish my school work which I will pick up, schedule a doctor's appointment, and the hardest, find out where Harry is. It's sad that that is the hardest.

I whip out my phone, giving Quinn a quick text.

Me: Hey, do you think I could still request a new dorm to myself?

She replies quickly.

Quinn: Yeah, it might be a sucky room though.. you can't move back to your old room after you've requested a new one, so if I were you I wouldn't move. you have a nice dorm

I sigh to myself in defeat. Maybe I should just stay and kick Harry out. Yeah, that's a good idea. He's  the reason for this. He  left. I'm not going to be punished for it.

One down. Three to go. I guess I'll call the doctor and set up an appointment. I dial the number of the clinic I usually go to into my phone and desperately wait for an answer.

When a receptionist answers, I make an appointment quickly and move on to the next item.

One more thing to do. Pick up schoolwork. I'll have to do that on Monday. Finally now I can relax. Well, not quite. I should probably talk to Harry. I'm kicking him out, and he obviously needs to know. I don't even know if I can kick him out, he pays to live here, it's not like our personal apartment.. it's a dorm room.

I can't kick him out can I?

Everything is going wrong.

I still have to call him. I need to know where he is and if he will come back. Hopefully he's just with a relative, apologizes, and comes back. But yet again, hopefully he won't. It's better if he doesn't. I'll be better if he doesn't. I'll move on easier. I'm better without him. He only causes drama.

I don't know what it is about him. He has something. Something that makes me want him so much. I can't tell what it is.

I swallow my pride and dial his number. I take a deep breath and close my eyes after pressing the call button.

It rings about three times and I have to keep myself from ending the call too early. I take shaky breaths as it rings more and more, over and over.

This is so nerve-racking.

Maybe he saw it was me and just waited for the call to end or maybe he just hasn't seen it. Maybe he's with someone else.. Maybe he's not. Whatever the hell he's doing, he has to answer the goddamn phone. He has too.

"Who's this?" I hear his voice say and my eyes widen, before my face drops.

He deleted my contact.

"I-" I begin shakily, but I hear the phone shuffle around.

I should just hang up now. I'll probably hear something I wasn't supposed to. Maybe he's with someone. My curiosity gets the best of me and I listen in.

"Who is that, babe?" I feel an unfamiliar female voice say.

I widen my eyes and my jaw drops, my hand loosens up and my phone quickly hits the floor. I scramble to grab my phone and press it to my ear.

He's with someone else.

Everything that I've been fearing is slowly coming true.

But seriously, why the hell did I break up with him? The mere thought of a girls hand touching his arm makes me cringe, how can I deal with this?! I'm so stupid! He's probably already fucked the living daylight out of her already- he can't be trusted. Why did I chose him?

"Lemme check who it is," he mumbles.

"Who is this?" He asks sternly and my mouth goes dry.

"Ma- Mackenzie." I stutter and I even feel my eyes begin to water.

I hear two beeps, confirming that he hung up on me.

"No," I whisper frantically to myself in utter shock, calling him again.

Straight to voicemail. I call three more times, before I finally stop. I need to know where he is. I need to talk to him. And I'm not taking no for an answer.

I don't care how desperate I sound right now. I click on the messages icon typing a quick text.

Me: Harry we need to talk just don't ignore me.

I stare at the text for what seems like forever until I finally see that he's typing.

Harry: I don't want you back.

Wow. My heart drops into my stomach as I read the words.

He doesn't want me anymore.

He really doesn't.

And now I'm crying.

I've hit rock bottom.

The unwelcomed tears stream down my cheeks as I stare at the text message. A ginormous lump in my throat.

Me: I don't want to be back together either but we need to talk. Are you still even living here?

I know I'm lying but I don't care, I need to take what I can get, and if all I can get is this I'm fine with it. Dear god, I'm so pathetic.

Harry: When will you be out of the dorm ?

Me: what do you mean?

Harry: is there any day where you'll be out of the dorm or something? I'll pick my stuff up then

More tears flow and I sigh before typing a reply.

Me: I have a doctors appointment on Monday at 3:30

Harry: are you alright?

So now he cares.

Me: what you all of a sudden care about how I feel?

I know I'm being childish but I'm pissed off, and I can't hold it in. How am I supposed to feel?

Harry: I'll be there at 3:30

He ignored my last text. Ugh.

Me: bye

He doesn't bother to reply and all I do is stare at the texts.

He doesn't want me.

As in does not want anything to do with me.

He's throwing all of this away over nothing.

My throat aches ten times more with each small cry I let out, and I bury my face into the nearest pillow silencing myself.

He broke me.

And the problem was I could never hate him.

I loved him too much.

----------------------------------------------

That was depressing and a weird line to end it on but k lmao

Btw I'm sorry I suck ass lately wOw I'm making everything go wrong in this book

I promise next chapter is a bit more interesting.

-Caroline