Chapter 54

(Mackenzie's POV)

It was the morning after the kiss. After the kiss we went to bed without a word said between us.

Before I went to bed I realized how dumb I was being, I though the only way out of a complicated situation was to get myself into another. Hooking up with Alex never should have even crossed my mind, I don't know why Quinn thought it was okay. She convinced me it was but really it wasn't. Especially with Alex.

Alex was so sweet and genuine and I was so ready to fuck with his emotions. I'm so glad I stopped at a kiss.

Only problem is, I knew it would be awkward. It was inevitable. I was so afraid to get out of bed, which I had been lying in for twenty minutes. It was a Saturday so I had no classes. I planned on lying in bed and watching some show on Netflix, I didn't know what to do about breakfast though. I had my heart set on not interacting with him.

I heard a knock on the door. Great timing Alex.

"Come in." I said.

Alex opened the door slowly, and sat at the foot of the bed, two cups of coffee in his hand.

"I brought you a cup." He said quietly handing me the second mug. "We should talk."

I sat up and grabbed the cup from his hands and raised it to my lips with a nod.

"I have some bad news." He sighs.

I raised a brow, taking a sip, and placing the mug in my lap.

"What's up?"

"I didn't get a promotion at the photography studio and I was counting on that promotion to pay rent. But I didn't get it, and I don't think I can pay for both of us right now. With electricity, water, food, rent. It's a bit too much for me." He said with a sincere frown.

"I'm sorry Alex, I totally understand. I can move out no problem." I swallowed.

I had no idea where I was headed to next but I don't want to make Alex stressed.

"You sure?" He bit his lip.

"Yeah. I can pack up right now, if you want." I insisted.

"Thank you for understanding." He sighed, and left me alone.

With a sigh I got up and began packing up my stuff into my school bag. This will take a while.

-Harry's POV-

Two hours later

This was a pretty lame Saturday so far. Nothing was happening, and I was just watching bobs burgers. It was the only tolerable show on right now. Well, barely tolerable.

I sighed and walked over to the cabinets which were my "pantry". College dorms blow. I grabbed a chocolate granola bar and jumped back into bed.

I heard a knock on the door. Groaning, I stood up to open it.

I opened the door to see Mackenzie with two bags in her hands, my eyes widened and I took a step back in surprise.