Chapter 9

"Harry," I plea. "Don't."

"Are you serious? He just slapped you! How can you sit by and be okay with that?!" Harry grips the steering wheel.

The amount of sadness and rage I feel towards Chad is unbearable.

"I can't, but you don't have to fight him for me, that's nonsense." I sigh.

"Bullshit." Harry spits, gripping the steering wheel harder.

"Please don't Harry, lets just go back to the dorm, and-" I begin.

"No!" Harry yells at me and I jump back.

Harry's eyes soften at the fact that I jumped away from him.

"Has he done this before?" He almost whispers.

"Never." I shake my head. "And I can't believe he did." "Even after, my stepdad." I add without thinking.

Harry swerves off the road and pulls over.

"What did he do to you?" He asked.

"I-" I begin. "I don't wanna talk about that."

His eyes soften once again, before rebuilding there strong gaze.

"Tell me."

"Are you really gonna squeeze this out of me, Harry? Now?" I raise my voice, annoyed.

He won't even tell me about why he's being blackmailed, why should I tell him about something so personal?

"Harry, I'm not going to tell you." I look out the window.

"Did he.. touch you?"

"Yes, okay! Are you happy?"

"I'm sorry I didn't-" He begins.

"You didn't know. I've heard it all before. Everybody says that. I wanna take my mind off of it, okay? I don't want to think about him or Chad."

Harry nods, driving back onto the road.

"Please just take me somewhere far away from everybody. I need a distraction." I sigh.

"I know exactly the place. It's where I used to go, to hide from it all." Harry says running a red light.

"Let's just get there, before you get us arrested." I sigh, at his reckless driving.

*****

Harry spreads out the blanket he got from his car and I sit on it, careful to not get any sand on it.

Harry took me to a beach that is about 20 minutes away from the college. Barely any people are here. It is stunning. I used to live in a town in Hollywood, and there are beaches there, but they don't even compare to Los Angeles's.

I lay back and stare at the clouds, my hands resting on my stomach. Harry lays next to me.

"What were you hiding from? When you came here." I ask, examining the clouds.

I wait for a response, for what seems like hours.

"Everything." He sighs.

I assume he won't explain so I just keep talking.

"Have you always lived here?" I ask.

I see him shift in his position.

"After, Holmes Chapel, yes." Harry says.

I nod.

"Where is that?" I ask.

"Is this 20 questions?" Harry says, getting annoyed. "England."