Chapter 57

The next few months was filled with Josh prospecting and the club and I renovating a building for our strip club. It was chaos for a while as I had to work out every single detail for the club. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to finally being run a strip club instead of being the one dancing.

Jax was helpful and more than willing to share his prospects with me to do grunt work. It was nice that they listened to me, if only to avoid the bitching out that Jax was sure to give them.

The club was almost finished up when I started to feel sick. I told Jax about it and he figured it was probably just burn out from all the work I'd been doing. I took a couple days off to relax before going back to work but it wasn't getting better.

I knew my period was late and I needed to tell Jax but I just couldn't yet. Not until I knew for sure. I took another day off and went to the drugstore. I went back to Jax and I's house. Neeta was there with Abel.

"Are you still feeling sick Miss Alex?"

"Yeah a little. You can take off early today if you need to," I said.

"In a bit," she said. "Is that a pregnancy test?"

I nodded and she smiled encouragingly.

"Go take it."

I headed off to the bathroom. I knew what the results were going to be and I honestly couldn't wait to tell Jax.

A few minutes later, I had two positive pregnancy tests in my hands. I relaxed now having the results and headed out to talk to Neeta. She agreed to stick around long enough for me to run to the lot and talk to Jax.

I drove quickly to the lot and luckily Jax was still there. I got out of my car and ran over to him.

"Feeling better?"

I nodded and he smiled at me.

"That's good. Why the sudden happiness though?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant," I said.

"What?"

I took the two tests out of my pocket and handed them to him.

"Seriously?"

"I just found out but yeah," I said. "I'm going to call and get an appointment for later this week."

"You're not upset?" He asked, must be remembering our conversation at Christmas.

"Not at all," I said. "Surprised and overwhelmed but not upset."

He pulled me into a hug and I couldn't stop smiling.

"Go tell Gemma, then we can tell the club," I said. He dragged me down to the office and told Gemma who instantly hugged us and congratulated us.

"I'm so happy for you two, but maybe get the blood work done before you tell the club," she said. "Don't get everyone's hopes up before you know."

"Okay fine," I said. She laughed at me.

"You are a great mom baby," she said. "So I know you're excited about this."

"We both are," Jax said. He kissed my temple and told me he was going to find Clay. He was calling it an early day so we could head home and celebrate together.

"I am so happy for you baby."

"Thanks Gemma," I said. She hugged me again and I headed out. Jax was waiting by my car.

"Family dinner, just you me and our kids," he said. I smiled at him and nodded.

"I would love that," I said.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too Jax."