Chapter 48

When we got home, Jax put Abel to bed and I headed straight to our bedroom. I curled up in the middle of our bed and just laid there until Jax walked into the room.

"I wanna be the one to tell him," I said. Jax sat down next to me and pulled my head into his lap.

"Otto?"

"Yeah," I said. "I wanna be the one to tell him but I can't go alone."

"We'll go together tomorrow after Neeta gets here," he said. "Then I have to tell Chibs."

"I'll go if you want," I said softly. He nodded a little and ran his fingers through my hair.

"Why don't you get changed and we can cuddle for a bit," Jax said. I shook my head a little as my tears started again.

"Come on baby," he said.

"Jax," I said, breaking down completely. "I don't know what to do without her."

"You'll get through this babe. We're all here for you," he said. I was a sobbing mess. He pulled me to sit up gently before pulling me into his lap. I sobbed into his shoulder as he rubbed my back and cried a bit as he held me.

We sat there for what felt like hours until I no longer had any tears left in me. My phone rang a few times but I ignored it, figuring it was probably just people offering condolences.

"This is the third time this number has called," Jax said, trying to offer me my phone again.

"Answer it," I said.

"Hello," he said into the phone.

"Who?" He asked. I pulled away from his embrace to look up at him.

"Okay, give me a second," he said. He pulled the phone away from his mouth.

"It's Josh," Jax said.

"Give it here," I said, taking my phone.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey Alex," he said. "Who the hell answered your phone?"

"My boyfriend," I said.

"Who is it?"

"What can I do for ya Josh?" I asked.

"I tried calling mom three times and couldn't get an answer," he said. "She gave me your number a couple days ago. I figured maybe you could help me out."

"Mom was killed earlier today," I said.

"That damn club," he snapped.

"Josh," I said. "This isn't the club's fault. Mom had enemies because of the porn business."

"That you're in too," he said.

"Josh, I'll talk to you when you get to Charming," I said, hanging up the phone and handing it back to Jax.

"The hell did he want?" Jax asked, obviously upset about my brothers sudden reappearance in my life.

"He and mom reconnected. He's coming home," I said.

Jax's arms tightened around my waist. I buried my face in his shoulder and tried to relax.

"He blamed the club Jax," I said softly.

"Babe," he said. "You're gonna hate me but we roughed up Caruso today. Got your footage back but-."

"This was a long time brewing," I said. "Don't blame yourself Jax."

"We agitated him today. Josh has every right to blame the club."

"I can't have him coming back hating the club already baby. You and this club, you're kind of the only things keeping me going," I said. Jax kissed my temple as I spoke the words softly.

"Let's get some sleep," I said. "Been a long day."

Jax agreed and we both laid down, cuddling together to get some sleep.