Chapter 43

The next few days were hell as I spent them meeting with Gemma and Rosen to try and figure out how to post bail for the guys. I was getting nowhere. Even money from Caracara wouldn't be enough and I couldn't post the business as collateral. I refused to risk my mom's business like that.

Neeta was a life saver since I still had work and my responsibilities there were up once again since Bobby was in jail with the rest of them. Opie was the only one on the run that didn't get arrested. He'd taken off to follow Zobelle and wasn't there when the Sheriffs showed up.

Opie explained everything to me. Jax hadn't wanted to go on the run in the first place and he tried to stop them by explaining that there were sheriffs on the way but Clay refused to acknowledge him. I even talked to Hale about what was going on with Jax the day they got arrested. Jax had been with Hale trying to get to Zobelle and Winston before Clay and the MC could.

Jax didn't think that the retaliation for Otto and Chibs was a good idea. He knew they were walking into a trap. My father would've voted for the immediate retaliation though. I knew that I shouldn't be upset with Jax when I see him again it's just hard to not be upset. He disappeared for a full day and then got arrested.

Gemma wasn't helping my stress either. All I heard about was how they weren't safe and we needed to get them out. It turned into a screaming match after one of the meetings with Rosen.

We'd met with him in the clubhouse for the privacy. Even with both houses put up, we couldn't afford to pay the bail for all the guys. Jax, Clay, Tig, Bobby, Juice, and Happy were all in jail.

"Look," Rosen said. "The houses can get Clay out and maybe Jax if we play the card properly."

"They will never leave the others," she said. The two talked a bit more before Rosen left.

"There's nothing else you can pull from Caracara?" Gemma snapped.

"No," I said. "It's not my company. It's my mom's. You know that."

"Did you ask her?" She asked.

"No Gemma because this isn't her problem. In case you forgot my father was recently blinded," I snapped. We were standing facing one another and screaming at each other. Normally I'd back down but not now with Jax's life on the line.

"No ones forgetting about your damn father," she said. "But your boyfriend is going to be killed in that jail if you don't get him out."

"What about you Gemma," I said. "What about the garage? No money you can pull from there?"

"No there isn't. The books are all Bobby's domain but I know there isn't enough in that garage to get all of them out."

"Look, they are strong enough to survive a few days. This jam up is a bunch of bs and the sheriff will get it sorted out. Isn't he in their pocket?" I asked.

"You don't get it," she said.

"I'm going home. I have a son to take care of," I said. I grabbed my purse and stormed out, heading home to cool off.

Neeta was making dinner when I arrived home. I instantly picked Abel up and he smiled at me.

"How are you doing Miss Alex?" She asked as I sat down at the table.

"Gemma and I got into it again. Just over bail money," I said.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"Thank you," I said. "For everything. I know it's your job but you really do go above and beyond."

"You're welcome,"she said, sitting a plate in front of me and taking Abel to feed him.