Chapter 42

"I'm going to the garage if you're okay for a few hours," I said to Neeta. She agreed and I kissed Abel before heading out.

It's been a few weeks since New Years and life is pretty settled.

When I arrived at the garage, there was a clear divide and everyone looked pissed.

"Hey," Jax said softly as he walked up to my car.

"Hey," I said. "I got your message, what's up?"

"We just heard from Stockton. Otto is now completely blind. He was attacked by the League," he said.

I nodded a little and bit my lip. "He gonna be okay?"

"Lost his good eye but should recover otherwise," Jax said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"What's got everyone so pissed?" I asked.

"Vote didn't go well," he said. I went to reply but was cut off by an explosion. Chibs was trying to run from the van that blew up and didn't make it far enough. I sprinted over, having no idea what to do. Jax was on the phone with the ambulance and everyone else was panicking. Gemma wrapped her arms around me as we stood near Chibs. He was loosing a lot of blood.

Luckily the ambulance showed up along with Unser and some other police officers and they took him off to St Thomas.

"Jax," I said. We'd been standing around for a few hours as the officers took statements from everyone.

"I'm sorry baby. I gotta go handle this shit," he said. I nodded a little and he kissed my cheek before he took off.

"I'm going to the hospital," I said. Gemma nodded and said she'd go relieve Neeta.

I drove silently to the hospital.

"Hi, I'm looking for Chibs Telford. He was brought in not that long ago. He was the one that was too close to an explosion," I said as I walked up to the desk.

"I'm sorry. I can only give information to family," the woman said.

"I understand. Can you at least tell me if he's stable?"

"He's stable. He's critical though so only immediate family can see him," she said. I nodded and headed home.

"Did you get any information?" Gemma asked as soon as I was in the door.

"He's stable," I said. "In critical condition. And in the ICU so only immediate family can see him."

She nodded a little and I was sure she'd concoct some plan to get to see him.

"I'm going to bed. You headed home?" I asked. She nodded and left.

I fell asleep pretty quickly after she left.

The next morning, I was up to Abel yelling. Jax still hadn't come home. I headed to the nursery and tended to Abel.

The day passed pretty quickly. I was pissed because Jax wasn't answering at all. I couldn't get ahold of him. Opie did tell me that he was spending the day with Hale.

By the time I was getting ready for bed that night I was livid. Not even that I couldn't get ahold of him. He didn't think to take a second to check on his son. I get it that Abel has me, Gemma, and Neeta constantly tending to him, but Jax could check in on occasion.

My anger was cut short when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number but figured I should probably answer it.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey baby," Jax said.

"Nice of you to call finally," I said.

"I know you're pissed but I was arrested on some club shit. They're holding most of us at San Joaquin County Correctional," he said.

"Great," I said, rolling my eyes. "Don't worry. I've got Abel. You just stay alive."

"That's the plan baby," he said. "Clay contacted Rosen but the bail to get us all out is going to be next to impossible to find."

"I get it," I said. "We'll figure something out. I love you."

"I love you too baby. And Abel. Make sure he knows," Jax said.

"I will," he said.

"I've gotta go but take care of yourself," he said.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he said and the line went dead. I collapsed onto our bed and began crying.