Chapter 8

A few weeks later, I was at the studio when some ATF agent stormed in and arrested my mother and I for some bullshit charges about drugs.

I didn't say a word as they dragged me down to the station for questioning.

I sat in a room for three hours before anyone even walked in. The female agent introduced herself as Agent Stahl. She offered me a drink but I refused.

"What do you think you can get out of me?" I asked.

"Information on the sons," she said. So this was about SAMCRO.

"I don't know anything."

"Weird because isn't your father Otto doing time for them?"

"My father's membership does not make me privy to the goings on of that motorcycle club. All I know is they're a bunch of grease monkeys who work for Teller Morrow and motorcycle enthusiasts," I said.

"So you don't have a personal relationship with any of them?"

"Define personal," I said. I knew where she was going with this and I didn't like it.

"You were spotted at Jackson Teller's home a few weeks back. Spent the whole night there. Left about 8 am and were back before the sunset," she said.

"That?" I asked, laughing at her. "I painted a mural in his son's room. His mom asked me to and she's been friends with my mother for a while so I agreed."

"So you're an artist?" She asked.

"I am a business woman by trade. That's what my degree is in but I'm sure you already know that. Art is a hobby. One I'm good at but a hobby nonetheless."

"So there's nothing more between you and Jackson Teller?"

"Ma'am, Jax and I grew up together. That's it. Friends since before we could talk," I said.

"So what do you know about the drug trade at Caracara?" She asked, totally shifting gears.

"What drug trade?" I asked.

"All sorts of performance enhancers, if you will," she said.

"I don't handle anything other than the books," I said.

"Well, problem is that you co-own the business. You'll have to stay overnight til we can get ya cleared."

"You said you were ATF, right?" I asked as she stood up to leave.

"Yes," she said.

"So what do you want with Caracara?"

"The Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club runs guns. I want them. Caracara just happens to be owned by the wife and daughter of a longtime member."

She walked out leaving me alone in the room once again.

A few hours later my mother and I were placed in the same holding cell alongside some girl who'd been screwing one of the prospects.

My mother was freaking out about losing the business and going to jail.

"Mom," I snapped. "They're using us as leverage. Trying to get information out of dad that they won't get."

"Sorry," she said sitting down. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, figuring sleeping couldn't hurt.

I woke up in the middle of the night to Jax freaking out about something. He started talking to my mom and she understood what he was saying about the message to my dad.

"You good?" Jax asked.

I nodded a bit. "Not the first night spent in a holding cell. Except the last time I was too drunk to give a damn."

"We'll get ya out," he said. I went to make a smart ass remark about not needing his help but Cherry, the other girl being held here, started freaking about because she has federal warrants. Jax caved and took her with him.

"We'll be okay Ma," I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. She fell asleep pretty quickly.

By the time the morning rolled around we were being released. We couldn't go back to the studio for a few days, so we had to occupy ourselves at home. Well, except for the visit my mom had with my father.