Chapter 30

The rest of the first day home was filled with Jax waiting on me hand and foot. He wouldn't let me do anything for myself, even going so far as walking me to the bathroom. I didn't mind though. My whole body ached and the doctors hadn't given me pain meds. Jax did have Bobby stop by with some weed so I smoked a little and that helped a lot.

Once Jax and I had Abel down for the night, Jax offered to help me shower.

"A shower would be so nice. It can't end in sex though."

"I know baby," Jax said. "I'll keep in my pants well metaphorically."

I laughed a little at Jax. "I could really use a real shower."

He helped me stand up and walk to the bathroom.

"Start the shower, I'll grab you something to sleep in."

"Thanks babe."

I started the shower and cranked it as hot as it would get. Jax had left the baby monitor with me so I looked down at it, smiling at our son. He was the real love of my life ever since Jax asked me to step in and raise him.

"He's still sleeping," Jax said as he sat a stack of his clothes on the counter.

"Clothes for me?"

"I grabbed you one of my shirts."

I rolled my eyes. "I know Abel's still sleeping was just checking on him."

Jax kissed my lips gently before helping me undress so I could get in the shower.

The hot water felt so good on my back that I almost collapsed. Jax stepped in and wrapped his arm around me.

"Baby," Jax said, pushing my hair back into the water. "Let me help you." He grabbed some shampoo and washed my hair for me before conditioning it.

"I've got my body baby," I said.

"Yeah," he said, handing me my loofah and body wash.

He helped me stay upright as I washed and rinsed off my body.

"Why don't you get out and go lay down. I'll help you with your hair in a few."

I thanked him and kissed his lips before getting out and drying my whole body off.

"Jax, baby, is this shirt for me?" I asked, holding up his Sons shirt.

"Yeah, I just brought myself sweats. You okay with that?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. I got dressed and leaned back against the sink as Jax turned the water off. He grabbed his towel and started to dry off.

"I'm gonna lay down. I've got the monitor," I said.

"I'll check on Abel and be right in."

I nodded and walked off to our room. I sat the monitor down on Jax's bedside table. He'd be more likely to hear it tonight than me.

I sat down and waited for Jax. I tried not to think about the last time I'd been in this room. Abel was safe. I was in one piece. Jax had taken care of those guys.

Jax stopped outside the door and looked at me.

"Baby, you okay?"

"Yeah, I will be," I said.

"Wanna stay in the day bed?"

"No, just don't leave me alone for a few days," I said.

"I've got you baby, always," he said. He walked over to Abel's door and checked on him. He came back and grabbed my hair brush. He sat down behind me and started to brush through my hair. I relaxed a little.

"Thank you Jax," I said.

"I love you Alexandra," he said.

"I love you too Jackson."

The next few weeks were difficult but luckily Jax was by my side every step of the way. He was so loving and attentive that the guys thought he'd been kidnapped and replaced but this was the way Jax had always been with me so nothing felt different.