Chapter 19

"Alex, babe," Jax said softly, shaking my shoulder gently.

"Yeah," I said, moving to sit up.

"I'm home. Let's go to bed," he said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Bobby got shot in the shoulder. Nothing we couldn't handle," he said. I nodded a bit and redid my messy bun.

"He's gonna be okay though?" I asked.

"Yeah, it went straight through," he said. We walked down the hallway together and I collapsed onto his bed.

"Babe," Jax said as he took his shirt off. "At least take your jeans off."

"Do you have-?" My question was cut off by a shirt hitting me in the face.

"Asshole," I said as I stood up to change.

"You know you love me," he said.

"Doesn't change the fact that you're an asshole," I said. I laid back down on the bed, waiting for Jax to join me.

"I'm going to go check on Abel," he said. "Get some sleep."

I nodded a little, but remained awake until Jax returned. He laid down next to me and pulled me into his arms.

"I love you babe," he said softly.

"I love you too," I said. I laid my head on his chest and he kissed my hair before we both fell asleep.

Over the course of the next few days, my mom and I were able to get Caracara up and running in our new studio. After about three days though, we had an issue.

"What're you doing here?" I asked as Juice and Chibs sat down on the couch.

"We're the muscle baby," Juice said.

"Eh lass, we're just keepin the talent safe," Chibs said. I rolled my eyes a little and returned to the office. I was working on sorting through the files that ATF had so kindly thrown into random boxes when I heard my mother screaming up a storm.

"Mom," I snapped. "The hell?"

"Apparently he's here to do the books. You boys can't just go around-."

I started tuning her out.

"Chibs, get Jax down here. Bobby, I do the books for Caracara," I said. "I'm not letting you near our files."

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

"You won't lay a hand on me. Besides with the damage ATF did to my system you'll be trying to organize that shit for months so even if-."

He cut me off. "Clay sent me here to do the books and keep the boys dicks in their pants."

"I can handle the boys. If you'd like to stay as muscle be my guest but you aren't touching the books."

"What are you trying to hide?" He asked stepping towards me a bit. That was a bad idea.

"Take another step towards my girl and I don't give a damn what Clay says you'll have another bullet hole," Jax snapped. "Now what the hell is the problem?"

"Clay sent me to do the books," Bobby said.

"Which is literally my job," I said.

"You know about this?" My mom asked.

"It was a club decision Luann," Jax said.

"I'm calling billshit," I said. "No way you'd let them force me out of my job."

"You still have a job it's just out here, helping your mom prep for an anal rain dance," he said.

"Very funny Teller," I said. "Fine do the books, Bobby. I'll help Mom and start looking for a new job far away from the reach of the Sons."

"You moving outta Charming?" Jax asked.

"You and I both know that I could get my contract back with the club in Oakland in a heart beat," I said.

"Over my dead body," he said. I rolled my eyes at him as Ima walked in and my mom started yelling at her.

"Wait, serious question, what's an anal rain dance?" Jax asked as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"What's it sound like?" I asked.

"Jax," my mom said. "Ima's scared she's being followed. And she has a huge crush on you. Do you think maybe you could make her feel better?"

"Don't forget who you're old lady is," I snapped as he walked over to her.

"Mom you can not keep doing that," I said. "I don't care how big her hard on for him is, Jax and I are dating. A little respect."

I looked over to where Jax had his arm around Ima and I was instantly pissed but I tried to keep my cool for the sake of the studio.

"Stop it. He knows who he's dating," my mom said.

I watched as Ima continued to get closer to Jax. When she leaned in and kissed him I lost it. I pulled her off of him and backed her into a corner.

"Lay your hands on my man again and you will lose them. Are we clear?" I asked lowly.

She nodded and Jax pulled me aware from her.

"Get your hands off me," I snapped at him.

"This whole badass threatening people thing is kinda hot," he whispered lowly in my ear. "Maybe we call it an early day."

"I'd love to Jackson, but I have to go help prep an anal rain dance," I said, wiggling out of his arms and heading off to help my mom.

"I still don't know what that is," he said rather loudly, earning laughs from those of us who knew.