Chapter 21

A few weeks later, the guys were headed on an overnight run. I was on babysitting duty but I really didn't mind. I mean I basically lived with Jax and Abel anyways.

"Babe," I said, standing near Jax's motorcycle while holding Abel.

"I love you, we'll be back no later than the day after tomorrow," he said.

"I love you too. I just need you to promise me something," I said.

"Anything," he said.

"I know what happens on a run stays on a run but can I please get you to promise me that I won't have to rip the stomach out of anyone to get what's rightfully mine," I said. He smirked a little before chuckling.

"You don't have a thing to worry about babe," he said, leaning down to kiss me. "Except making a decision about moving in with me."

"I'll decide before you're back," I said.

"I'll call tonight," he said kissing me once more.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he said. He kissed Abel's head, earning a smile from the boy. "I love you too little man. You're in charge of protecting Alex."

I laughed at him a little before Opie was yelling at Jax to get on his bike so they could leave. I headed back up into the TM office and sat down near Gemma.

"How're you holding up?" I asked softly.

"I'm fine sweetie, really," she said. I nodded a bit and heard the bikes pull out of the lot. Not long after one of TM's rentals pulled in.

"You seen the keys for the gold Seabrig?" She asked as the woman got out of the car.

"No," I said she started searching and the phone started ringing. I jumped up and answered it.

"Hello TM. How can I help you?"

"Did the guys leave already?" Mary asked.

"Yes ma'am," I said. "Why? What's up?"

"Kenny is crying about his mom again and Ellie has a school project due Monday," she said.

"Want some help? I mean I have Abel with me but I'd be more than willing to swing by," I said.

"I can handle it. Just have Piney call when he gets a minute," she said and hung up. I hung the phone up and Piney walked in with the mail.

"Call Mary when you get a chance," I said. "Gemma, I'm headed to Jax's. Call if ya need anything."

I headed out to my car and put Abel in his seat. He babbled happily as I played some music at a low volume and drove home.

"Hey buddy, wanna help me clean?" I asked as I took him from his seat and we headed inside. Abel was still happily babbling so I put him in his play pen and started to clean the house. Abel fell asleep on me and I was able to get the whole house cleaned for when Jax comes home. Eventually, Abel woke up screaming so I fed him and bathed him before he fell back asleep. I put him in his nursery and headed into Jax's room.

Was I really prepared to move in here? I mean, yeah I basically live here anyways and my mom would let be back in with her in a heartbeat if anything were to happen between Jax and I.

I called my mother and talked it over with her. She thinks I should do it. She's grown used to having the house to herself. By the time the phone call was finished, I'd made up my mind. I laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling with a small smile on my face.