Chapter 49

The following morning, Jax and I were completely silent as we got ready. I pulled on some jeans and a black blouse. Jax walked into the room as I was getting ready.  He was carrying Abel who was just as happy as could be. I kissed the baby on the head.

"How are my two favorite boys this morning?" I asked.

"We're just fine baby," Jax said, leaning down to kiss me. "Neeta should be here soon."

"I'm almost ready," I said. He nodded and took Abel to lay in the bed as he got dressed.

Before long, Neeta had shown up and Jax and I were leaving on his bike to head down to Stockton to see my father.

"You sure about this?"  Jax asked as he interlaced our hands.

"Let's go," I said. He kissed me gently before we headed into the prison, dropping hands as soon as we neared the doors.

We were led back to the visitation room and sat down at the table with my father.

"Hi Dad," I said softly.

"You're not alone," he said.

"Hi Otto," Jax said.

"Well it's not club business so what's up?" My father asked.

"It's about mom," I said. "I wanted you to hear it from me. Um, Mom, was." My words froze and Jax squeezed my leg gently under the table.

"She's gone, isn't she?" He asked.

"She was killed yesterday," I said. He started crying a little.

"Who?" My father asked.

"We don't know," I said.

"Alex, shoot straight. Was it Caruso?"

"We roughed him up a bit but we don't know it was him," Jax said.

"When?"

"Yesterday," Jax said.

"You should leave," my father said.

"I'm sorry Otto," Jax said.

"I'll be out in a bit," I said. He nodded and left.

"Dad," I said softly.

"Are you staying with him?" He asked.

My eyes were brimming with tears.

"Yeah," I said. "This shit with Caruso started long before yesterday."

"Maybe rethink that choice," he said.

"Dad," I said after a second.

"I'm not going to forbid you from dating him, but think carefully about whether this is the life you want for yourself," he said.

"I will," I said. "Um, did Mom ever mention Josh's returning to Charming to you?"

"She said she reconnected with him," he said.

"He's coming home," I said.

"He wants nothing to do with me or the MC," he said.

"I know Dad," I said.

"You should go. The boy is waiting," he said.

"I love you Dad," I said.

"I love you too Alexandra," he said.

I headed out and met up with Jax.

"What was that?" Jax asked as we stood near his bike.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"He wants you to leave me and the MC," Jax said.

"Yep," I said.

"Are you-?"

"I don't know what the next few weeks are going to bring Jackson, but it's not on the table right now," I said.

"I'll take it for the time being," he said.

I rolled my eyes but kissed his lips quickly before we headed to the hospital. Half Sack met us there since he was currently on guard duty.

We headed into the room and he was awake.

"Jackie boy," Chibs said. "And the little lady, gorgeous as ever."

"It's good to see you too Chibs," I said.

"What's wrong?" Chibs asked.

Jax looked at me and I nodded, allowing him to take the lead on telling Chibs. I couldn't take the heart break again.

Jax explained everything and Chibs just listened silently.

After a few minutes of Chibs offering condolences and crying, he said he needed a minute alone with Jax.

"I should call the studio anyways, check in and stuff," I said. I headed into the hallway and called the number for the studio office.

"Hello, Caracara," the new bookkeeper said.

"Hi, it's Alex, put Damon on the phone," I said, referring to one of the top producers.

After a few moments Damon's voice came through the phone.

"I though I told you to take some time," he said.

"I was just checking in," I said. "How's the morning?"

"Ima and Zoe got busted in a prostitution ring this morning. Guess it was a two day thing. I don't know."

"If she wasn't our biggest draw I'd beat the shit outta her myself," I said.

"Might still happen," Damon joked.

"Yeah, maybe," I said. "Production and stuff is okay though?"

"Yeah," he said.

Jax walked out and I hung up with Damon.

"I'm gonna take you home. Club shit," he said.

"Sounds good," I said.