Chapter 28

The rest of the day passed quickly and before long Gemma and Clay were back to pick Abel up for the night. The doctors allowed Jax to stay with me around the clock, something I was sure they weren't supposed to do.

"Baby, what are you thinking about?" Jax asked, leaning over to place his hand on my cheek. He'd been sitting at the foot of my bed so we were facing one another.

"We've gotta talk about this Jax," I said.

"About what?" He prompted.

I took a deep breath before starting. "I know you said the doctors told you what all happened to me, but what do you know?"

"I know those bastards beat the shit out of you. Broke a couple ribs and bruised most your body."

It fell silent as I met his eyes and they were watering a bit. I grabbed his hand as he moved even closer to me.

"I know they raped you."

"Jax, baby, I don't know what's going to come of this in the next few months, but I need to know you're not going to leave me if I can't have sex with you or if, god forbid, we find out in two wee-."

"You really think I'm going to leave you if you can't have sex with me after being raped?" He asked. I could tell he was getting angry.

"No, I don't think you're going to babe. I'm just scared that something more is going to come out of this and we're going to break up and I can't take that Jax," I said, tears streaming down my face. I looked down at my hands that had fallen into my lap when I realized I'd upset him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up. I don't kn-."

Jax cut me off again. "Baby, you and me are the real deal. You're not getting rid of me that easy. Besides, I don't think Abel would allow it." He chuckled slightly at the memories of my calming Abel when even Gemma couldn't.

"I love you so damn much Alexandra Delaney," he said, grabbing my face and leaning in to kiss me.

"I love you too Jackson Teller," I said as we pulled apart.

"Maybe you should get some sleep. You've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow," Jax said.

"Yeah, leaving the hospital is huge," I said dramatically as we laid down together, not caring what the hospital staff had to say about it.

The next morning, I was up pretty early. Luckily, Jax was also awake.

"Morning baby," I said. He smiled a little and kissed my hair before mumbling a good morning.

"Babe, do you have your bike here?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can you go get my car? I don't exactly want to ride the bike today," I said.

"Yeah, I'll go in a few," he said, standing up from the bed.

"And hey, can you grab me some sweats and a hoodie to wear home? I'd have Gemma do it but she'd bring tight ass jeans and a tank top, which I can rock, but not today," I said.

"I'm one step ahead of you baby," he said, motioning to his bag. "Your gray joggers, one of my hoodies, I know the drill."

"One of the many reasons I love you Jackson," I said, leaning in to kiss him quickly.

"Alright, I'm going to go grab your car, unless you want me to have Opie do it," Jax said.

"You can have Opie do it. You'd probably feel better being here, but you're really going to let Opie ride your bike?"

"Ha. Ha." Jax said, faking the laugh to prove a point.

"It was a serious inquiry," I said in an attempt to defend myself.

"I'm gonna call Ope really quick but if he's busy I'll just do it myself," Jax said, already dialing his phone.

After a short conversation on the phone, Jax sat down in the chair beside the bed.

"Opie will be here in a bit. He's going to swing by the house and grab your keys and car and drive over here then take my bike back and head home," Jax explained. I nodded a little as I sat up.

I was pretty sore still from the bruises so all of my movements were slow, but I was already feeling better.

I sat up and pulled my legs up so they were crossed.

"Where's Abel?" I asked softly.

"With Mom. I can swing by there and pick him up on the way home if you want," Jax said.

"It's up to you babe. I hope you're not dead set on having some spectacular home made dinner though," I said with a smile.

"I was kinda thinking we could just have a low key day. Watch some movies, order some pizza."

"Perfect," I said, leaning over to kiss his lips quickly.

"Alright darlin'," he said it fell quite for a few minutes as the noise in the hallway grew.