Chapter 15

Jax and I spent the next few months basically inseparable. We'd each work during the day, but we usually ate dinner together and I all but lived at his place with him and Abel. Gemma had been helping out the Abel as much as possible but she was in the process of trying to find a nanny for Abel.

"Hey babe," I said, handing Jax some coffee as he carried Abel into the kitchen.

"Good morning. Bobby's party is tonight. I've got some club business to handle today though."

"It's cool. I'll stay with Abel tonight so you can go the party," I said.

"You sure?" He asked. "You know Mom will do it."

"Yeah, I just, I don't know. Guess I'm not in a big party mood," I said. It went without saying between us that I was terrified of a repeat of the last party.

"Mm, babe, there's something that's kind of been bugging me since Donna died," I said softly. Jax looked at me. He seemed a bit scared.

"Yes?"

"Just Tig looked so stressed out at the party and then left as soon as the Winstons said they were leaving," I said. "It's just weird that he was all over some girl and then pushed her away to get up and leave."

"Who all did you tell that too?" He asked harshly.

"No one," I said. "Just you. Figured if anyone could convince me that Tig had nothing to do with it, it'd be you."

"Piney and I have our suspicions and we think you might be right."

"What?" I asked, looking up from my mug in shock.

"Yeah," he said. "We've been suspicious since-."

The engine pulling up out front made him stop.

"This stays between us. Got it?" He snapped.

I nodded and leaned up to kiss him as the front door opened.

"Good morning mom," Jax said as Gemma walked in.

"Glad I'm not here to hurt the two of you, sucking faces every chance you get."

"If I hadn't recognized the engine I would have met you at the door Ma," Jax said. I smiled at him a bit, earning a smile in return.

"Oh hey, Gemma, I'll meet you here about seven and I'll take Abel for the night. Bobby would much rather see you than me," I said.

"You sure," she said.

Jax and I both nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sure," I said. She agreed and took Abel, heading off to the clubhouse.

"I'll see you tonight then," I said.

"Yeah, but go have dinner with your mom after work. I've got a lot of club suit to do today," he said.

"Alright," I said. "I love you."

"I love you too babe," he said, kissing me quickly before leaving. I returned to the bedroom and changed into a pair of jeans and a blouse, typical work clothes before heading off to the studio.

"Good morning mom," I said.

"Morning baby," she said.

I headed down to the office and started to work on some stuff.

By about two in the afternoon, I'd finished up what I needed to for the day. I headed back out to the production floor and sat down beside my mom.

"Plans for tonight?" I asked.

"Gotta finish up this," she said. "You?"

"I'm on babysitting duty at seven. I was hoping we could get dinner together," I said.

"I'm going to be pretty late getting done here. I'm sorry sweetheart," she said.

"It's fine. I'll stay and help you out for a few more hours."

She agreed and started talking me through what all needed done today. I had to give her credit, managing this shit isn't easy. All I do is handle the finances and occasionally help with some marketing.