Chapter 18

A few hours later, Lyla was safely locked in her house and my mother and I were at home. We'd been watching some reruns of the Bachelor and catching up a bit when her phone rang.

"That was Jax. We have to go meet him at this address," she said, giving me the address.

"Yeah, I know where that is," I said.

"Wanna ride together?" She asked.

"Sure, worse comes to worse I drop you off before heading back to his place," I said, standing up and throwing my shoes back on.

We left, arriving at the address about ten minutes later. My mom was freaking out. She kept apologizing to Jax really loud.

"Calm down," Jax said.

"Look, I'm really sorry for snapping at you earlier," she said.

"Don't apologize," I said. "He could stand to take a little more pushback."

"I can walk away from all of this," he said. "And seriously Luann. You think I brought you out here to Adrianna you? Come on. That would make me a pretty shitty son-in-law."

I smiled at him softly.

"So what is this?" I asked.

"Welcome to the new home of Caracara," he said.

"What are you getting out of it?" I asked.

"The Sons give you the warehouse and the muscle you need to keep the actors safe and you get a new business partner," he said.

"The split?" My mom asked.

"Fifty fifty," he said. I nodded a little. The deal wasn't terrible and we did need somewhere to set up shop.

"Mom," I said, pulling her away so we could talk more privately.

"That leaves us each with a quarter," she said.

"Take my share," I said. "I've got some plans up my sleeve anyways."

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll help you get up and running. You can keep me on the payroll for doing the books but otherwise I'll be starting some stuff of my own."

"Sounds good," she said. We returned to Jax and the two shook hands.

"You headed home?" I asked, wrapping my arms around Jax's waist.

"Yeah. Wanna come with?" He asked. I nodded a bit, tossing my keys to my mom before we headed out. I got on the back of Jax's bike, loving every second of the ride.

When we got to his house, the nanny was still there with Gemma and Abel.

Basically the second we were in the door, Jax's phone started ringing.

"Hi Neeta," I said softly.

"Abel's asleep in his room. I think Miss Gemma passed out there as well," she said.

"Babe I have to go, emergency at the clubhouse," he said.

"Should I send Gemma?" I asked.

"I'll send someone to get her," he said. I kissed him quickly before he took off.

I headed down the hall and woke Gemma as gently as I could.

"Hey Gemma," I said softly. She jumped a bit but relaxed when she realized it was just me.

She was pretty banged up with quite a few bruises on her cheeks.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"Wrecked my Cady last night," she said. I nodded a bit and she looked over at the crib.

"Hey, there was some sort of emergency at the clubhouse. Jax said he'd send someone to pick you up," I said. "I'll stay with Abel."

"You sure?" She asked. I nodded and helped her stand up.

"I'm going to go talk to Neeta and let her leave," I said. Gemma nodded as she walked to stand over the crib.

I headed back to the kitchen where Neeta was reading her Bible.

"How was today?" I asked.

"Good. He is the happiest baby boy," she said.

"I know," I said. "Anything major happen that I should know about?"

"No Miss Alex," she said. "He ate like he was supposed to and slept like you said he normally does."

"That's good. Thank you for staying late. I had a business meeting," I said. "I'll try to not make a habit of being out late."

"If you and Mr. Jax ever need me in the evenings, I'm completely free," she said. "Long as I have Sundays off."

"Of course," I said. "Go home Neeta. Get some rest. A baby can be a handful."

"I love nannying," she said before she started getting ready. There was knock on the door before Chibs's voice yelled for Gemma. I relaxed and went to open the door.

"She's in Abel's room," I said. He nodded a bit, pausing briefly to hug me before going off in search of Gemma.

"It's safe to go," I said jokingly. Neeta laughed and headed out. Within five minutes, Chibs and Gemma left too so I sat down on the couch and started watching some comedy show reruns while I waited for Jax to get home.