Starting of a journey

After the exchanging of words every one exitted the room saying their fare wells. Shikamaru entered the room after waiting for a little longer after the departure of the group. When he entered the room Naruto was standing near the window facing the door like he was expecting someone. The breeze gently pass through his blonde hair. The brightness of the smile on his face didn't reach his ocean blue eyes. They were just like when he saw Naruto one month ago. But seeing his best friend smiling, even a fake one was enough for Shikamaru than seeing him laying on the bed. With a small smile of relief he walk towards Naruto and lean on the window for support. A few moments passed by no one starting a conversation. After the pure silence Naruto opened his mouth to speak but Shikamaru beat him in it.
"Hello there my name is Shikamaru "
With the same smile Naruto started "It's my pleasure to meet the genius of Konoha. I was waiting to meet you since Ino told that you were out side. Why didn't you came with them? Didn't we had a good relationship between us?"
"*Sigh* don't think that you did something bad to me in past. Actually we were best friends. So I didn't knew how to face you after knowing that you don't remember me".
"I am truly sorry that I can't remember you. I wish I could remember the days I spend with you"
"It's not your fault. That damn Uchiha" he whispered the last part.
"So what should I call you? Shikamaru or Shika? "
"Even without memory you still like to call me Shika ha. I am impressed kitsune "
"Seem like kitsune was my Nick name"
"I named you that because of these whiskers like mark" Shikamaru said while tracing the whiskers like marks on Naruto's face. A blush creeped to Naruto's face due to the said action.
"Looks like I can also make you blush"
"What do you mean? Did some one made me blush before"
"For your information let me tell you that a certain asshole always made you blush"
"Ha ha and who might be the asshole? "
"No one important. He betrayed you and made you feel miserable " Shikamaru said with a serious face.
"Mm if you say so. Anyway can we become best friends again. I feel really comfortable around you. "
'Looks like I still has a place in his mind' Shikamaru thought with a smirk.
"What's with that look? "
"It's nothing kitsune. Ah I was ordered to tell you that you will be send with master Jiraya for training. He has only arrived a few minutes ago,while I was out side. "
"How much long?"
"It's not confirmed but you will be out side the village for a year or something. "
"Why should I stay away from the village? "