Chapter 1(Not used)(UNFINISHED UNCHECKED UNEDITED)

DISCLAIMER:

THIS CHAPTER WAS A VERSION OF THE FIRST CHAPTER AND THIS IS UNCHANGED I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING WHEN I MADE THIS I ALSO DID NOT RE-READ THIS SO IF YOU SEE THIS AND ARE CONFUSED ME TOO BRO-

Y/n POV:

I woke up in the morning like I normally do, to the dorm bell chiming telling everyone it was 7:00 am and we had to be out of bed. As usual, I stay out of sight and blend in with the large crowds of kids running toward the mess hall. As we walk the halls I keep my head down and eyes low. When we get to the cafeteria I sit at the edge of a table trying to avoid eye contact with any of the staff.

Most might be confused by why I'm trying so hard to stay out of sight. But anyone who's been at Aurora long enough would be able to tell you the answer without needing to think twice. It's because today is selections day.

What's that you might ask? well, to put it simply, it's the day foster parents come to the orphanage to check out who they want to adopt. This means the gates are open and were allowed out to do whatever we want as long as were back by lunch. Getting in trouble today means getting stuck indoors helping with preparation for the fair and losing the free day.

And lucky for me I happen to have a reputation for always getting into trouble today. I swear it's become some kind of a tradition at this point. So I've decided that instead of trying to not get in trouble I'll try to stay out of sight. Until now it's been working but I'm not trusting this until I'm out of the gates.

----------------X----------------

I finish breakfast and start getting ready to leave. It's early autumn so I put on a pair of black jeans a purple sweater some brown boots and a black coat.

(Something like this but imagine a 11 yr old

I know I said it's autumn but that was only because I wanted it to be near the begining of the school year but in my head it's winter and y/n is holding up a snowball ready to attack

{note this may or may not now become a scene in the future cuz I love picturing this in my head and It makes me happy}

~Author)

I know I said that I wasnt gonna get excited till I left the gates, but I'm already dressed and I'll be let out in less than 10 mins. You can't blame a 11 year old for getting excited. Especially since I've saved up so much money from not going all the previous years. I'll be able to do SO MUCH and I'm just soooo EXCITED!!!

The crowd started to move and the staff started checking us one by one making sure they kept track of who was leaving to make sure they can confirm were back when we return. I slowly walk by and a staff member, Miss Martha, raises her eyebrow when she sees me. Miss Martha had always been the most caring towards me, all the other staff thought of me as a nuisance. :')

"Why y/n! This will be your first time out the gates? Won't it? Are you excited??" She said in her usually cheerful yet elegant voice.

"Ofcourse I am! I've been saving up for today for practiacally all my life!!" I say breaking into a wide open smile barely keeping myself from jumping around like a kangaroo.