Chapter 15

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song.

It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again.

"So we've just got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to me and Harry.

"I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll." He continued.

I couldn't stop thinking about which house I'd be in.

I wasn't too excited about it earlier seeing as it just seemed like a schoolhouse.

These things were usually made for healthy rivalry but over here they weren't random rather they were based on personality.

Out of all four houses, the one I was sure I wouldn't be a part of was Gryffindor.

Not that it was bad I mean apparently one of my more recent friends's whole family's from it.

The problem is I'm not brave in the slightest.

I mean you don't have to look very far to see it just take how I reacted to the letters for example.

From the looks of it, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw would be nice.

They were both useful.

If I had lots of smart friends or loyal friends as roommates I'd be able to get help if needed.

Though for that to happen I'd have to be smart or loyal which was easily debatable.

I'm smart but not in the sense I liked learning.

I was just good at it. (Sometimes.)

It really depended on the topic and how much motivation I had at the moment.

As for loyalty, I was loyal to some extent but unless life without you was worse than death I'm not the type to put myself out for you.

The last house, Slytherin didn't really give me any impression.

It was for those who were cunning.

I didn't really know if I wanted to be known for using my wits to get the best option.

And to stop at nothing...

There was good and bad in the idea of it.

Although I did automatically think of the bad the idea of good still lingered.

Having friends who would be able to help me get what I want no matter what as long as I won their friendship.

It would be useful but difficult to accomplish.

Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said.

"Abbott, Hannah!"

A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line and put on the hat.

It fell right down over her eyes, as she sat down.

A moment's pause later The hat shouts out a loud, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table.

Harry saw the ghost of the Fat Friar waving merrily at her.

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again, and Susan scuttled off to sit next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The table second from the left clapped this time; several Ravenclaws stood up to shake hands with Terry as he joined them.