Chapter 24 (UNFINISHED UNEDITED)

It was the second week of school, Monday to be exact when the Slytherin notice board sported a new attachment.

It displayed that Thursday would be our first flying class.

We'd share the class with the Gryffindors.

The entire 'Slytherin squad' groaned with the exception of Nott. (Though did he really count?)

On the good side, I'd have a chance to talk with Harry and Ron.

But on the bad side, Malfoy would get that same chance.

Though Malfoy was pretty capable of being civil he chose to never use those skills with the Gryffindors. (Mostly Harry and Ron)

He seemed to make his life purpose to make those two's lives a living hell.

To them he wasn't just a spoiled kid but instead a spoiled guy who lacked basic ethics.

I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts by the quiet slowly turning into a steady bustle with the excitement of finally being allowed to fly on Hogwarts grounds seeping into our minds

Malfoy began going on about how he was great at flying and began his usual stories of how he would narrowly escape Muggles in helicopters almost every time he went out to fly...

Blaise quickly followed with how his broom skills were even better and his own stories of how he nearly ran into an aeroplane.

Paige then continues with how she'd once flown near a tropical island when she'd traveled and had been side to side with a bunch of beautiful birds, and how the flock had been so huge it had even caught muggle attention and appeared on the local Muggle news paper.

I rolled my eyes as I heard them all chant collectively about their skills.

They all happily buzzed on about their flying adventures and how amazing they were at quidditch.

In the end the only people who didn't seem to be talking about flying was me and Pansy.

I looked to her and raised a brow in a silent question.

She responded in a small shrug as she spoke, "Never liked flying. Brooms hate me. You?"

I nod and respond, "Never got to try flying. I lived with muggles remember?"

I made sure to add in a little tone to the word muggle to make sure she didn't question me further.

Soon me and Pansy managed to calm the group and coerce them into leaving the common room and going to the great hall for breakfast.

It honesty felt like they were sheep and we were their sheep dogs...

One perk of having Malfoy around was that if there was a detail I didn't notice about Harry he definitely would.

Which meant I no longer even needed to look at him to know that apparently in the past week Harry had not received any mail.

Malfoy had loudly announced how he was clearly superior because of his ALIVE and loving parents who clearly doted over him far too much, kept sending him large packages of sweets and such from home.

I watched his large eagle owl fly away from where it had been perched next to the mashed potatoes on my left.

My eyes followed the bird as it flew out the window when A large barn owl flew in from the eagle owls right and flew to the Gryffindor table.

It landed by Neville, who had grabbed and opened the small package excitedly, grinning wide as he showed the Gryffindors and subsequently anyone looking at said table, a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke.