Chapter 3

I tried to forget it. It was hard but I was getting there. It had been a week since the fair. 

I was just beginning to move on but of course that wasn't how life worked because when I went in for breakfast today a teacher passed me a letter saying it'd come in for me a day ago.

I'd held it up and stared at it hard.

I knew it had something to do with the woman it had this atmosphere. 

The envelope was thick and heavy. It had been made with yellow paper. There was no stamp on the envelope which added to my suspicions. My address had been written in beautiful green ink. 

I flipped it over only to see that it was sealed with a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H.

I stared at the seal almost sure this was the woman from earlier. 

It had to be. 

I gently opened the envelope. To anyone around they'd think I was worried I'd explode the envelope when in reality I was afraid it would make me explode. 

I opened it slowly and read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY-

I stopped there. 

It was them. 

How did they know where I lived? 

They had to have been kidnappers. 

Why were they targeting me though? 

I wasn't part of some rich family or anything. 

I didn't even have a family. 

What did they think they could get from kidnapping me? 

I stared at the letter in my hand for an unreasonable amount of time considering I wasn't reading anything. I took a deep breath releasing most of my tension with it. It didn't matter what they wanted because they weren't getting it. 

I wasn't going to let them.

I didn't bother to finish the letter. 

I didn't care what they wanted to say because it was all lies. 

That much was obvious. 

I grabbed my dorm mistress's lighter and went to the roof. I burnt it there and went straight back to my dorm.

 It was strange seeing it burn because even after acting so sure of myself. 

I wasn't I was curious about it. 

I wanted to read it but I knew I couldn't.

I stopped there. 

I AM NOT A WITCH! 

These people were absolutely crazy thinking I would believe their nonsense. 

I was conflicted. 

It was as though I had two voices in my head. One is logic the other is intuition and I usually listened to intuition but right now it had too much risk.

I went to bed early once again. 

It became a habit after the fair. Though unlike the other days that had been filled with fear today was filled with confusion. I was confused by my thoughts. 

Throughout the day I'd been having arguments in my head one half of me, the logical one, was glad I burnt the letter while the other half, the curious one, was mad and regretted burning the letter without reading it fully.