Chapter 17

Gemma Farley one of our house prefect was to lead us to our dorms.

Though instead she stayed seated in her seat insisting we waited a couple minutes.

So we did just that.

A minute later the Great Hall was significantly easier to navigate through seeing as only a few people remained.

We began walking and as we went down thousands of spiral staircases my legs felt like they would nearly snap off.

I still held my head high because no one else looked to be as tired as I was.

In my sleepy stupor, I nearly missed that the people in the portraits along the corridors whispered and pointed as we passed.

Suddenly we stopped to see a tray of food floating in midair ahead of us, and Farley just stared at it impeccably.

"Peeves... Didn't you want to bother the Gryfindors today?" Farley said glaring at the tray.

There was that name again...

Didn't Malfoy say the baron kept him away?

There was a pop, and a little man with wicked, dark eyes and a wide mouth appeared, floating cross-legged in the air, grasping the tray.

He looked slightly scary but not enough to have me running only slightly frightened by the pop.

"Peeves.....Leave now. The baron's on his way and if you don't leave soon he'll get here and you know what happens after that....."

Peeves sneered and stuck out his tongue and vanished, dropping the tray at Farley's feet.

We heard him zooming away, rattling coats of armour as he passed.

"You want to watch out for Peeves," said Farley, as they set off again.

"Be smart with your words. The Bloody Baron's the only one who can control him, he won't listen to anything you say unless it's a direct threat to him."

I nod knowing that would be easy enough for me to handle.

"Anyways here we are."

We were halted before a stretch of bare, damp stone wall.

"Parselmouth" She mumbled so as to not allow people to hear but I caught the words although it may be jibberish for all I know.

A stone door concealed in the wall slid open and we all scrambled through it.

I watched in awe to see the beautiful dorm that lay in front of me.

The first thing I noticed was the beautiful glass window that stared out into the ocean where guppies swam around along with a more accurate to mythology mermaid and a whole lot of coral and kelp.

I then turned my attention to the contents of the common room which were all coloured the same emerald green as the emblem of our house with silver embroidery everywhere.

Farley looked at all of us and smirked when she saw our awe-struck faces.

She pointed her wand to her throat and the next second when she spoke her voice almost sounded like she was speaking through a mic, "Congratulations! I'm Prefect Gemma Farley, and I'm delighted to welcome you to SLYTHERIN HOUSE!"

"Our emblem is the serpent, the wisest of creatures; our house colours are emerald green and silver, and our common room as you've just seen lies behind a concealed entrance down in the dungeons."

She points around the room as if to emphasise her words and by the looks of it, it worked.

"As you can see, its windows look out into the depths of the Hogwarts Lake. We often see the giant squid swooshing by and sometimes for example right now, more interesting creatures."