Chapter 11

It was around 12:30 when I was brought out of my trance by a great clattering outside in the corridor and a smiling, dimpled woman slid back our door and said, "Anything off the cart, dears?"

Harry leaped to his feet, but Ron's ears went pink again and he muttered that he'd brought sandwiches.

Harry went out into the corridor.

I sat there questioning if I had enough to spend on snacks.

I hadn't had much for breakfast so I would appreciate some.

I quickly turned to Ron, "Hey, do we need a lot of money during the school year? Like do we need to spend money in school?"

"Ummm, no. The only way you'd need it is if you wanted to buy something for yourself," said Ron.

I nodded and thanked him before leaving the cabin to check if I could get anything for 2 sickles.

I went to the trolley lady only to see that she didn't have ordinary candy instead only had magical stuff.

I grinned excited to try some.

When I returned to the cart I had a pack of Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, a Chocolate Frog, and 3 Pumpkin Pasties.

The best part was I got all that for only 1 sickle.

I would have bought more but I didn't want to overspend so I only used 1 sickle.

Harry on the other hand was either EXTREMELY rich now or he didn't know how to handle money because when we were getting back in our cabin he held a little bit of everything from the cart.

Ron stared at us as we brought it all back into the compartment.

I left mine on my lap while Harry tipped his stash onto an empty seat.

"Hungry, are you?" said Ron.

"Starving," said Harry, taking a large bite out of a pumpkin pasty.

I simply responded by nodding and beginning to read the back of the jelly bean pack.

Ron had taken out a lumpy package and unwrapped it.

There were four sandwiches inside.

He pulled one of them apart and said, "She always forgets I don't like corned beef."

"Swap you for one of these," said Harry, holding up a pasty.

"Go on," he added.

"You don't want this, it's all dry," said Ron.

"She hasn't got much time, you know, with five of us," he added quickly.

"Go on, have a pasty," said Harry.

Soon the 2 had been munching on Harry's snacks completely forgetting Ron's sandwiches.

I smiled at the sight and finished one of my pasties.

Harry then turned to me, "You can have some too. I wasn't only talking to Ron."

"It's alright. I don't know how much candy I can take before I get a sugar rush so I'd rather finish my snacks before I start anything else" I say smiling.

In truth, it was more of a moral thing. Eating other people's food felt wrong especially when I have money on me.

"What are these?" Harry asked Ron, holding up a pack of Chocolate Frogs.

"You didn't check what you bought before you bought them?" I say playfully.

"No, like, they're not frogs, are they?" He said.