Chapter 18

Farley was closing the door as she said, "This is the first year Slytherin girls dorm. Have a good night or get to know each other. You can do whatever just don't leave the common room because that's against the rules and will end in Slytherin losing house points."

The room was gorgeous.

I walked around it investigating it and getting familiar.

All the other girls did the same.

The room was large and circular with half of its walls being made of glass with the other half being stone.

The stone walls were a dark grey with white and blue light reflecting onto them from the window.

on either end of the glass wall was a greek style stone pillar.

The pillars were made of white stone and yet they were smooth to touch.

Looking up I saw the ceiling was white and looked like cement.

The ceiling was quite high and the parts of the stone wall near the ceiling and the joint between the ceiling and the stones were covered in green wines with glowing white almost silver flowers blooming.

The door was made of shining silver that glimmered reflecting the ocean on it.

The door stood on one edge of the stone wall.

The other edge also had a door that looked exactly like this one.

five beds were placed evenly spaced across the stone wall.

The bed base was made of dark oak and held the curtains in place beautifully.

Each bed had green curtains with silver embroidery waving in swirls from the bottom slowly fading as it neared the top.

The beds themselves had white sheets but the pillows had green cases and the comforter was green.

The comforter had the same embroidery as the curtains.

Between each bed was a small dressing table and a little above it were silver candles with bright green flames yet somehow its light was pure white.

The tables each had two shelves.

the top shelf of all of them was empty while the bottom one had a full set of chess.

The floor had dark grey carpeting it was soft and looked extremely comfortable to sit on.

There were two green bean bags and a small green coffee table with silver embroidery that sat in the middle of the room towards the window.

I walked over to the other door and upon opening it was greeted by a relatively large room.

the walls of the room were made of white marble with gold and silver streaks while the floor was grey stone similar to the walls of the dorm.

The room had two sinks, a large wardrobe and another door.

The sinks were attached to the left wall, the wardrobe's back was touching the wall across the door I entered from, and the other door was on the wall across the sink.

the sinks matched the walls with the tap being Gold.

The sinks were built into a marble-topped shelf that matched the walls and sinks.

On top of which were two clear glasses most likely intended for our brushes.

The shelf upon opening hid the plumbing and had cleaning supplies that I presume were not meant for us to touch seeing as the potion bottles all had a label that stated to keep away from children.