Chapter 13

"STOP!"

Never in my eleven years of living had I thought I would be the peacekeeper but here I was, standing between them and pushing them apart gently as I spoke, "A fight before we're even at school will cause the three of you to lose any good light you have with the teachers."

I phrase it that way to make sure they all realize what's at stake.

Malfoy looks at me and raises a brow.

"Y/N, You too shouldn't hang around filth like them." He says looking at me like he thought he was giving me a well-needed warning.

"I'll consider that. But at the moment, I really need you to stop. Fighting will give not only you and Harry bad reputations but me as well. I'd be roped in too, and it will all be because I was in the same area. If I were you I'd save this for defense against the dark arts. I've heard that the practicals are usually duals among classmates." I say making sure to make my point clear.

With that, Malfoy nods and leaves taking Crabbe and Goyle with him.

Just then Hermione barged in.

"What has been going on?" she said, looking at Ron and Harry's enraged faces.

"You've met Malfoy before?" Ron asked looking at me.

"Met him while getting my robes at Madam Malkin's.
Was much nicer then.
Most likely because I gave off the impression that I was an equal to him." I say.

"You met him at Madam Malkin's? I did too," said Harry.

"I know. I saw you leave the store to eat ice cream with Hagrid." I say.

He nods ad suddenly his eyes widen, "You were at the bank. With that woman? Who'd talked with Hagrid..."

I nod finally being able to bring up the conversation but was once again cut off by Ron.

"I've heard of his family," said Ron darkly.

"They were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. My dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy'sfather didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side." 

He turned to Hermione.

"Can we help you with something?" He asked Hermione.

"You'd better hurry up and put your robes on, I've just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we're nearly there.
You haven't been fighting, have you?
You'll be in trouble before we even get there!" she said.

"I stopped the fight. Only brought them to their senses when I told them that." I say.

"Would you mind leaving while we change?" he said.

"All right, I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors," said Hermione in a sniffy voice.

"And you've got dirt on your nose, by the way, did you know?" she added.

Ron glared at her as she left.

Harry peered out of the window.

It was getting dark.

I could see mountains and forests under a deep purple sky.

The train did seem to be slowing down.

I quickly grab one of my robes from my trunk.

I grab one of the robe sets and head for the washrooms.

When I'm back I knock on the cabin door.

Ron opens it and yells, "I swear Hermione! Do you not-"

He stops when he realizes I'm not Hermione.