Chapter 16

I walked over to Slytherin table and sat next to Malfoy seeing as he was the only one I knew so far.

From where I sat, I could see the High Table properly now.

At the end, furthest from me sat Hagrid, who seemed to be looking at Harry.

At the centre of the High Table, in a large gold chair, sat Albus Dumbledore.

He looked exactly like the card Harry had gotten out of the Chocolate Frog on the train.

Dumbledore's silver hair was the only thing in the whole hall that shone as brightly as the ghosts.

I looked back to the sorting hat and saw McGonagall again.

She seemed to have a look of resignation on her face.

As though she were upset but felt as though she had no right to be...

"Congratulations, you're officially part of the greatest house," said Malfoy smirking.

I nodded and responded still dazed from McGonagall's look, "Thanks, hey do you know why all the Gryffindors were looking at me weirdly?"

Malfoy blinked and then nearly chuckled, "They probably thought you were one of them so when they saw you become a superior Slytherin they were shocked into a stupid stupor."

I nodded contemplating whether I should take that as an insult or a compliment.

Malfoy was far too self-centred and prideful to see that the Gryffindors didn't look shocked they looked betrayed.

McGonagall's look flashed in my head again and I decided that it was best not to think about it.

If I had to bet they didn't like Slytherins because we supposedly do 'Anything' for what we want, Or maybe it was because of You-Know-Who, so when they saw me go to Slytherin they felt betrayed since they thought of me as a friend...

I decided to focus back on the hat and notice that there were only four people left to be sorted.

"Thomas, Dean," a Black boy even taller than Ron, joined Harry at the Gryffindor table.

"Turpin, Lisa," became a Ravenclaw and then it was Ron's turn.

He was a pale green now.

In fact, if It weren't for the red of his hair you would've thought he were just another one of the Slytherin flags that hung from the ceiling among all the other house flags.

I crossed my fingers under the table and a second later the hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!"

I really hoped that he would join me.

If he did then not only would he get the chance to be different from his siblings but it would also help Harry and Hermione not hate me.

"Another pathetic Weasley Gryffindor. What a bunch of filthy blood traitors." I heard from my left.

I turned to Malfoy beginning to get pissed.

There was a line between talking about random people I don't know and doing the same with people I do know and consider as friends.

"Can you keep it down? I get that you don't like the Weasleys but that doesn't mean that you mention it every 20 seconds." I hiss under my breath.

He raises a brow and squints his eyes, "Don't talk like that to me."

He tries to straighten himself to increase his height to assert some sort of dominance.

These things might work on Crabbe and Goyle but on me, it looked pathetic.