Chapter 7

We leave Gringotts only to spot Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions right in front of us.

I didn't have to know much about this world to know that this was where I'd have to get my uniform from.

"Alright then. I don't have all day. We'll split up. You get the uniform and I get your books and extra necessities. That way we're more efficient." She says and I being the obedient kid I was agreed.

She left immediately which meant I'd have to pay her back for everything she got later on.

I took out the list wanting to go over exactly what I needed to get.

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for daywear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Hopefully, I had enough and a little extra...

I enter the store and start walking towards the counter only to see a woman dressed in purple fitting a dark-haired boy.

Looking more carefully I realized that he was the kid from the bank...

He looked to be talking to someone, probably the woman but then I noticed it was actually another kid about our age.

He was blond and just one look at him reminded me of May.

May had grown up in an upper-class family only losing them at the age of 6.

The blond, just like her, held his head high as though he believed he was superior.

I walk towards the counter but shift to a small shelf in that area where gloves are on display.

"Well, I'll see you at Hogwarts, I suppose," said the blond.

Just then I noticed the huge man outside holding two ice creams. He was the same guy from the bank.

Just as the door closed I heard them address each other as Harry and Hagrid.

The huge man was Hagrid while the kid from the bank was Harry.

I grab the right gloves and walk up to the woman I assumed to be Madam Malkin.

Before I'm able to make my request she interrupts me saying, "Oh my! Another one for Hogwarts? Just after the other one? Do you plan this?"

"Um, no?" I say a little surprised.

"Alright then. Just stand here and try not to move." She says.

I nod and step onto the stool in front of her.

I stare out the window still looking at Harry and Hagrid hoping to ask Harry if he heard anything about the conversation Hagrid had with McGonagall.

It would be easier to ask Hagrid but I'd likely not get an answer or if I did it most likely wouldn't be accurate.

"So, you're from Hogwarts too?" Said the blond.

I turn towards him diverting my attention from the window.

"Oh um, yeah," I say, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He nods and then looks to where I'd been looking earlier.

"Are you waiting for someone?" He asks.

"Well not waiting seeing as I just got here but, yes? McGonagall is getting my books and we need to meet up after." I say casually.