Chapter 10

Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs.

Owls hooted at one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the window to talk to their families, some fighting over seats.

I pushed my cart off the platform in search of an empty seat.

In front of me, I saw Harry and then realized that though I knew his name he didn't know mine.

That made me feel like a creep so I decided it was best I introduced myself.

Harry pressed on through the crowd.

I had trouble following him until he stopped at an empty compartment near the end of the train.

He put his snowy white owl inside first and then started to shove and heave his trunk toward the train door.

He tried to lift it up the stairs but could hardly raise one end and twice he dropped it painfully on his foot.

I then reached where he was.

I was about to offer to help in exchange for him helping me with mine but was interrupted when someone said, "Want a hand?"

It was one of the red-haired twins I'd followed through the barrier.

"Yes, please," Harry panted.

"Oy, Fred! C'mere and help!" They lift the trunk together into the cabin.

I then realized that I should have also helped because now I'd have to get my trunk in on my own.

I was about to try to push my trunk in when I remembered a spell I read.

I'd tried it a few times and just barely got it right but it should do.

I grabbed my wand from my coat.

Gently waving it in the air I say the spell, "Wingardium Leviosa..."

My trunk begins to levitate.

I manage to bring it onto the train and instantly lose control and drop it narrowly missing my foot.

After it's on the train I simply push it to a corner near the cabin.

Just then I see one of the twins ask pointing at a lightning-shaped scar on Harry's head, "What's that?"

"Blimey," said the other twin. "Are you?"

This catches my attention.

"He is," said the first twin.

"Aren't you?" he added to Harry.

What were they on about?

"What?" said Harry.

He was just as confused as me.

"Harry Potter, "chorused the twins.

I raise my brows.

Was he famous?

That would add up.

For example, it would explain the buzz of gossip that was there back at the leaky cauldron.

"Oh, him," said Harry.

"I mean, yes, I am." he continued.

The two boys gawked at him, and Harry began to turn red.

Then, suddenly, a voice came floating in through the train's open door.

"Fred? George? Are you there?"