Chapter 22

The week flew by faster than a seeker chasing a snitch. (Not that I knew much about it other than perhaps what people have told me.)

It was Friday, and I was staring at myself in the washroom mirror.

I'd just had a bath and changed into the uniform.

I hadn't made many friends only "acquaintances", so learning about this world was really all I did, but that alone felt overwhelming in a way.

It all felt off...

The only friends I'd made were Ron and Harry and I hadn't even seen them since the sorting ceremony.

I'd heard about Harry, sure. He was practically all the school talked about.

But I hadn't seen them, apart from meals, and that was only from across the hall so that didn't count.

Today was my first class with the Gryffindors...

Harry and Ron would probably hate me.

Malfoy had been pestering them during meals all week so they'd probably associate anyone associated to him with bad, and that included me.

It took me a solid 30 minutes to get them to talk to me without it being awkward and I didn't want all that effort erased.

A small part of me questioned why I even tried being their friend in the first place but a voice in my head said that it was because some part of me, the same one that had me saying goodbye to aurora and had wanted me to listen to McGonagall from the start,  knew that being their friend would get me into a lot of interesting situations.

It was stupid and I was aware but I liked to ignore that fact. After all, not listening to that feeling went so well last time. Didn't it?

Why was I being so sarcastic to myself- Did all people do this or was it just the concerning ones..?

I shook my head to stop thinking about that, I still wanted to know about the bank incident. I knew it seemed like a small situation, but there had to be meaning behind it. The look in McGonagall's eyes was a dangerous one. She was worried and fierce and that combination didn't seem to be one of her usuals.

I returned to my train of thought. If I ever wanted a hope of figuring out what was going on I'd need to know if Harry had any information.

But for that, Harry and Ron would need to trust me again...

So the question was, how do I prove that I'm trustworthy to them...?

I leaned toward the mirror the words I told myself circling my head making jumbled sense and confusing me further, when I heard a shriek.

"HEY! Y/N! You realise we still exist right?!?! STOP HOGGING UP THE WASHROOM!!!"

I instantly knew it was Pansy.

If there was one thing I'd learnt in the past few days, it was that Pansy was definitely the female Malfoy.

They were both the most needy of our year and sincerely speaking I think it's because they were both pureblooded.

It honestly surprised me how Daphne a pureblood was not quite as spoiled. She was most definitely as picky as the two but she was also a lot less snobby at times.

It was nice being a Slytherin. Though my shared inhabitants seem to believe they are royalty and love making it known. The chaos that came with their dramtic outbursts were always welcomed.

Over the past week they'd already made to try and get two teachers and Filch fired.

They despised Quirell, and Sprout almost as much as they despised Filch.