Chapter Eight

Mae's Perspective

When we arrived at my apartment building, I noticed that everything was very...dark. As in, there wasn't a single light on. I walked over to the elevator and pressed the up button, but it didn't light up like it normally did.

"Hm that's weird. The elevator isn't working."

"Are there stairs?"

"Ya they're over here," I say as I walk towards the set of stairs. "I'm on the sixth floor though so it's a bit of a climb."

"No worries."

After climbing up what felt like a million stairs, we finally reach my apartment. Using my phone flashlight, I unlock my door and walk in. I immediately go try and flip the lights on, but once I do, it's still pitch black.

"Ugh. The power must be out in the whole building, not just the lobby," I say, annoyed that I can't see anything.

"Well, maybe that's a good thing," he points out.

"Why's that?"

I watch as he takes both his hat and sunglasses of his head and face. I squint my eyes, trying to find what he looks like, but the darkness keeps me from doing so.

"Can you see what I look like?"

"No," I pout, a bit sad that I can't.

"Well that's good, because now I won't be breaking my challenge." he sighs, his voice filled with relief.

"What was you challenge?" I question, curious on why he had been wearing the sunglasses and hat in the first place.

He's quiet for a moment, clearly trying to figure out if he should tell me or not. He decides on the latter saying, "That's for me to know, and for you to maybe find out."

I walk over to him and place my hands onto his shoulders. I lean in close to his face, trying to make out any details. All I can see were his dark brown eyes, staring right into mine.

That was when I realize how close I was. I meet his eyes and feel my heart start to speed up. I want to kiss him, but I decide to wait and let him make the first move.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispers.

I nod my head, and the second I do, he brings his lips to mine. Electricity. The second he kisses me, I feel a rush of electricity run through me. He kisses me with so much passion. I want to melt from how warm he makes me feel. I can't take it any longer.

"Do you want to take this somewhere else," I ask, smirking up at him. I nod my head towards the bedroom.

He turns to look at what I was gesturing to, then looks back at me once he's realized what I was implying. He leans in to kiss me one more time, then pulls back and says, "definitely."

Gavi's Perspective

I wake up the next morning feeling good for the first time in a while. I turn to look at Mae who is peacefully sleeping next to me. Her brown curly hair is spread out on the pillows and looks almost like it is glistening in the sun. She is gorgeous.

I look at the clock and read 6:30. Although it's early, I'm not tired at all. In fact, I feel quite awake. I look back at Mae and try to figure out what I should do. Most guys would be shitty and leave, but I don't' want to be like that. To be honest, I don't want to leave at all.

I decide to get out of bed and get dressed. I head out of the room and into the kitchen. I find my hat and glasses sitting on the counter. I guess I should probably put those on. As I look around for a second, I then get a genius idea. Immediately, I start to get to work.