Chapter Forty-Eight

THREE YEARS LATER

Mae's Perspective

Milo Martín Sullivan was my whole world. The moment he was born, my life became a whole lot better. I have to admit that the past two years have been rough. Milo will be three in a few months, and raising him was a struggle.

I took over as CEO of TTS International about 1 ½ years ago, after Antonio passed away in his sleep. The second I stepped up to take the position, life became quite hard. I was still new to the whole mother thing, and was managing a huge international company at the same time.

I've managed though. The company's success has skyrocketed, and I'm proud to say I've had a massive positive impact.

Milo is an angle and the reason why I've been able to push through. He reminds me so much of his father though. His eyes, his smile, even the face he makes when he's mad are exactly the same as Gavi's.

I sent pictures and videos. I couldn't help myself.

When Milo was born, when he took his first steps, his first birthday. Every big moment. Yet I've never gotten a response back. I eventually gave up, once Milo turned two. Gavi had the chance to be a part of his son's life, yet he chose not to.

"Mama, game time," Milo giggles.

I turn to find Milo standing by the TV, jumping up and down.

"Milo, where the heck did you get that from," I smile sadly.

I don't know where he found it, but he's wearing the jersey Gavi gave me, after one of his games. The one he gave it to me before I knew who he was.

"He's my favorite player Mama. It's mine now," he pouts.

"Who, gavi? He's your favorite player?" I ask, taken aback by his comment.

Since Milo was born, we've watched all the Barcelona games together. Now that he's a bit older, he has begun to actually pay attention. I wasn't aware that he liked Gavi though. If only Milo knew....

"Yup. He's very good," he smiles as he climbs onto the couch.

"Yes, he is."

I take a seat next to Milo, and we watch the game together. One day I'll take him to a game.

In the 50th minute, my phone begins to ring. I look to see who it is and see that it's someone from the board.

"Milo, I have to take this. Just keep watching the game."

He nods his head and I go into my office to see what they want.

"Yes?" i ask, eager to get back to the game.

"'I have great news. The proposal we sent to Barcelona FC was accepted. They want us to sponsor them!"

A few months ago, someone suggested that we sponsor a football club. We all agreed it would be best to sponsor none other than our own city's team. I agreed of course, but I never thought the proposal would be accepted.

"That's great! What's the next step then?"

"You just need to sign the paperwork, then it will be official. They'll probably have some kind of event with all the players and Barcelona staff to announce it and make it official too," the board member explains.

Even with players? Uh, no thank you.

"I'm assuming I'll have to attend," I groan.

"Yes, obviously. You're the CEO of the company and this is important."

"Very well. Just send my assistant the information,'' I say before hanging up.

I let out a big sigh once I've hung up. Well this is just great. An event with all of the players and staff members.

All of the players, meaning Gavi, who I haven't talked to in three years. This won't be awkward at all.

Gavi's Perspective

I won't lie. Life fucking sucked after Mae and I broke up.

I hated how it was my fault, my mistake that ended our relationship.

And I hated how as much as I wanted to sob about it and be sad, I couldn't. I had my career to word about.

So, I used all my anger and guilt to fuel me to become the best version of myself. And it certainly paid off, considering how much I've grown as a player.

"Dude, you're almost done changing? We gotta get going," Pedri asks.

"Wait what meeting?" I groan, not wanting to have to sit through some boring meeting for the next two hours. I just want to get home.

"I'm not really sure. Laporta wants to talk to us about some new sponsorship is what I was told," he shrugs.

I quickly change then Pedri and I head to the meeting room with a few of the other guys. When we get there, everyone is already there, so we quickly take a seat and Laporta starts.

"I wanted to meet with all of you today to let you know that we found another sponsor. The spot opened up a while ago, and we've been meaning to fill it. To announce our new sponsorship, we'll be holding a formal event, and all of you will be expected to attend."

A groan travels through the room. Any formal event sucks. The photographers, small-talk, and pretty much everything about it is the worst.

"Wait, who's the new sponsor?" someone asks.

"Oh, did I not say who it was? My apologies. The company is TTS International, a worldwide business that will provide us with many great opportunities in the future," Laporta says.

TTS International? Why does that name sound so familiar-

"Wait, isn't Mae the CEO?" Pedri whispers.

Oh.

That's why it sounds so familiar. The company is run by my ex.

"Like I said before, you'll all be expected to attend the event. More information will be sent out soon. Thank you all for attending," Laporta smiles before exiting the room.

Once he leaves, everyone immediately begins chatting. I feel many eyes on me, and simply pray no one brings it up. But of course, nothing ever goes how I want it to.

"Hey Gavi, isn't Mae the CEO of TTS International?" Alejandro asks.

"Yup," I murmur, wanting to just disappear.

No one really says anything else, but I can tell they want to. Great. This event might just become one of the most miserable nights of my life.

I'm sooo looking forward to it.

Hehe, next chapter will be fun. What do you guys' think is going to happen? are Gavi and Mae going to have a much-needed reunion, or will their separation only drag on for even longer? Next chapter is coming out on Saturday! (8/12/23)