Chapter Sixteen

Mae's Perspective

TW: SEXUAL HARASSMENT

Whatever Rosa needed me for, better be good. I was having a great time with Gavi and really didn't want to leave.

"What's going on Rosa?" I ask as I burst through the apartment door.

"Oh thank god you're here. I have a huge problem that needs to be dealt with like right now," she exclaims, her voice filled with panic.

This will be interesting.

"What's the problem?"

She sits down and takes a deep breath.

"You remember Camilio?"

I nod my head. How could I forget him?

"So he kind texted me asking if he could come over tonight to just hang out and have dinner. It's really out of the blue and I don't know how to feel. After I hook up with a guy, I generally don't ever talk to them again. So I don't know what I should do because I'm not sure what I want."

She lets it all out, and I can see that saying it out loud really felt good. What she just said is a lot, and I have to process it for a moment before thinking of an answer.

"I think that maybe you should just give it a shot. You never know how things could turn out, right? Worst case scenario it doesn't work out and you just never talk again," I tell her, hoping that my answer is to her likely.

"Ya, maybe you're right. Okay, I guess I'll let him know he can come over," she says as she starts to text him on her phone.

"Wait, he's coming over right now?"

I was hoping he could come over some other day when I wasn't here, considering the last time I saw him I had rejected him.

"Yup. He'll be here in like 10 minutes."

Great, just great.

"Well, I'll be in my room!"

I head straight to the bedroom and close the door. Hopefully they just leave me alone.

Just like Rosa said, about 10 minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I listen as Rosa opens it and the two of them greet each other. I then realize what I'm doing. I shove my airpods into my ears and start to blast my music.

For the next hour, I look through a bunch of different jobs that are hiring. I still haven't found one that has caught my interest, and am starting to get a bit worried. I'm starting to run low on money, and might have to just get some kind of part-time job while I'm in search of a full-time job.

I look at some places that are hiring for part-time jobs, and find a cute restaurant that is hiring that is nearby. I take some time to look over the job description.

The job is being a waitress, and it doesn't say that any experience is required. I guess it wouldn't hurt to apply, so I fill out and submit the application. This doesn't mean that I'm not getting a real job, I just need money while I search.

I close my laptop, then hear a soft knock on my door. I assume it must be Rosa, so I open it. Nope. Not Rosa.

"Hello Camilio," I say dryly, not very happy to see.

"Hey Mae, what's up? Why didn't you come say hi?" He asks, as he frowns a bit. Why does he look sad?

"Why would I? Aren't you here to see Rosa? Speaking of Rosa, where is she?" I question, peaking out of my bedroom to see she isn't in the living room nor the kitchen.

"Oh she's out getting food. I was hungry and didn't really feel like leaving. Besides, i wanted to spend some time with you," he responds as he inches closer.

"What the hell is your problem?" I step away, feeling seriously uncomfortable.

"What do you mean?" he asks as he takes another step closer, his voice becoming quieter.

"Just leave me alone, okay. Just go wait for Rosa in the kitchen or something," I mumble.

I attempt to close the door on him, but he holds it open. I turn my head to look at him, and I'm greeted with an unsettling glint in his eyes. He moves into the room and walks toward me, forcing me to back up. I'm greeted by a wall.

He gets close to me, and there is nothing that I can do, his body keeping me from leaving the room, and the wall keeping me from moving anywhere else.

"What do you want Camilio?" I whisper, completely terrified.

"Aw, don't play dumb Mae. I see how you look at me. I know you want me," he chuckles, running his hand down my face.

I go to push his hands off my face, but he grabs my hands and pins them above my head, holding them there with one of his hands. The other hand starts to trail down my body.

"Are you crazy? We met once and the only thing that happened was me rejecting you," I shout, appalled by his delusions.

My words seem to anger him, as he squeezes my hands, sending a jolt of pain through them.

"Well you made a mistake, okay? I know you want me, and I want you too," he growls, his voice filled with anger.

He smashes his lips onto mine, and I immediately try to pull away. Forgetting the fact that he's holding my hands, he brings both his hands to my face to keep me from pulling away, dropping my hands from his grip. Right away, I shove him back. He's caught off guard and stumbles back. I grab my phone and run straight to the kitchen.

I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. I quickly dial the police on my phone, but don't press the call button just yet.

He walks into the kitchen and says, "Why'd you run away? Things were just getting good."

"Get the fuck out of my apartment before I call the police," I yell at him, disgusted.

"Mae, come on-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE."

I show him the police's number dialed and my phone, and that's when he realizes that I am not joking.

"Wow, okay, I'm leaving," he says as puts his hands up in his defense.

I stay in place as he walks towards the door.

"If you ever contact Rosa again I will not hesitate to report you for sexual harassment," I caution.

He walks out the door and I immediately run to close and lock it. Once I have, I collapse onto the floor, allowing the tears to come running.

Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door, and quickly jump up and open the door.

"What the fuck did I say-"

I'm greeted by Rosa's face.

"Oh my god Mae what happened? I saw Camilio leaving and all he said was that you're crazy or something," she asks me, her face covered in worry.

"Oh Rosa," I cry as I once again break down.

I tell her everything. Once I'm done, she pulls me into her arms and hugs me tight, not letting me go. Her body is warm, and it sends a comforting feeling through me. I know that I am safe with her.

Who wants to join the I Hate Camilio Club? And yes, I am afraid that we will be seeing him again the future. But don't worry because I have something good planned ;) Also thank you guys so much for 400 reads! I can't believe it and I'm so grateful for all of you who have been reading my story!! Next chapter is coming out on Wednesday. (5/10/23)