Chapter Fifty-Three

Mae's Perspective

I wake up the next morning with a terrible headache. Yet the rest of me feels fine. In fact my body feels great. Not really sure why-

"Good morning," I hear someone murmuring into my ear.

Oh that's why.

"Morning," I smile, turning so that I can meet his gaze.

Although I don't remember everything that happened last night, I do remember a few things. Gavi and I's deep conversation, both of us getting wasted, which led to us coming back to my place and well, hooking up.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

"I'm okay. Just a bit of a headache but it isn't too bad-"

"GOOD MORNING MAMA," Milo shouts as he barges into my room.

I let out a loud scream before quickly covering myself and throwing a pillow on top of Gavi's face.

"Milo, what are you doing?" I ask, trying to avert his gaze from finding Gavi.

"I'm hungry so I came to wake you up," he pouts, rubbing his stomach.

"I'm sorry baby. Let me get dressed then I'll come make you breakfast," i assure him.

He nods his head before leaving my room, closing the door behind him. I remove the pillow from Gavi's face and find him just lying there with a smile on his face.

"He sounds adorable," he smiles.

"He is," I say.

I'm realizing now that Gavi is going to have to meet Milo. Like today. And I'm going to somehow have to explain to Milo how I've been lying to him and that Gavi is his father. Let's just hope that considering he's almost three, he'll be more excited than upset.

"Does Milo know that I'm his father?" Gavi asks, almost as if he's read my mind.

"No. He's only asked about you, his dad, a few times, and I've always just told you had to be away for work. He's never really asked more about it though thankfully," I sigh.

"Oh, but he is obsessed with you. Every time we watch a Barcelona game, he practically just watches you on the field. You're his favorite player for some reason," I add on.

"Really?" Gavi asks, a bit surprised.

"Yup. I'm pretty sure he'll go nuts when you meet him today; and when he finds out you're his father," I laugh.

"I can meet him today?" Gavi questions, his voice filled with shock.

"Of course you can."

It wouldn't be fair to not let Gavi meet Milo. I mean, now that I know that he wasn't purposely ignoring me and said all those horrible things has made me realize that Gavi obviously deserves to be in Milo's life.

"I should probably go talk to him for a bit before he meets you. I'll go make him some breakfast and just let you know when to come out, okay?" I tell him as I quickly throw on some clothes.

"Sounds good," he says, nodding his head as he puts on his T-shirt.

I pull myself together before heading out to the kitchen to find Milo sitting on the couch watching something.

"What are you watching?" I ask Milo as I grab some eggs to make omelets.

"Barcelona highlights. I'm gonna be on Barcelona one day so I need to be good at football," he explains. 

"You're a great footballer honey," I smile, swooping him into my arms.

He may almost be three but that doesn't mean that he isn't my baby anymore.