Chapter Twenty-Eight

Mae's Perspective
I'm nervous. Like really nervous. I'm so nervous, I think I might actually throw up. I'm about to meet people. But not just any people. People who play for Barcelona. Barcelona, as in, the team that I've loved ever since I was a kid. This was a dream. A dream that's making me feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Hey, you'll be fine. I promise, they're going to love you," Gavi reassures me as we walk up to the bar.

As we enter through the doors, I realize that he wasn't lying when he said it would be packed.

The whole place is practically just a giant sea of body's, all drinking and talking loud.

"Why would we come to a place like this," I ask him as we squeeze our way past people.

"I know it's a bit crammed, but it's one of the only places where we can all go together in public without being noticed," he says, as we finally make it to an area where it's a bit less crowded.

I'm too busy trying to recollect myself to even notice the people standing right in front of me.

"No way, he actually did it," I hear someone yell.

I look up to find pretty much the fricking team, standing pretty much right in front of me. I think I'm about to pass out.

"Hey Mae, good to see you again," Pedri smiles as he pulls me in for a quick hug.

"Good to see you too Pedri," I smile nervously.

I glance over his shoulder and notice they're all staring at me.

Gavi places his hand on my waist, sensing my nervousness and whispers in my ear, "I love you. No need to be nervous, okay?"

I look up to smile at him before giving his hand a tight squeeze.

"Guys, this is Mae. Mae, this is, well, you know," he shrugs.

"Hi guys," I smile, a bit timid.

"Hi Mae," they all say in unison, startling me a bit.

"Did he pay you?" someone shouts over the music.

"What-"

"Or maybe he hypnotized you or something," someone else adds in.

"Uh, no-"

"Nah, he definitely payed her. Why else would she date this weirdo?" I watch as they all turn to look at Gavi.

This is not what I expected.

"Really guys? No, I did not pay her. Right Mae?" he asks, turning to me for support.

"Ya, he definitely didn't pay me," I say.

I turn my head away from Gavi, then mouth "he paid me" to everyone else. This comment is the last straw, as they all burst into laughter and start bullying Gavi.

I know he's my boyfriend and all but this sure is fun to watch.

I take a seat at a table with Pedri, and watch as Gavi starts to argue with a few of the guys, the flips them off. He slowly trudges over here, grumbling and muttering about something.

"You're such a bully," he says.

"Me or him?" I ask, pointing to Pedri.

"Both of you."

"Hey, what did I do?" Pedri yells, throwing his hands up.

"You existed," is what Gavi says in response, sending me and Pedri into a fit of laughter.

"I regret coming here with you. They turned you into a bully," Gavi grumbles.

"Awww, it's okay. You don't have to come next time. We all like Mae better then you," someone butts in.