Chapter Thirty-Seven

Gavi's Perspective

I feel like I'm on fucking fire right now. The amount of anger and rage I feel running through my veins is just insane.

As we warm up before the game, I can't help but glance over at Christian who is warming up with the rest of the Real Madrid players. Every time he smiles, I just want to run over there and beat that fucking smile off his face.

I can't get what Mae told me out of my head. It just hurts thinking about what he did to her, and all the pain he made her go through. It hurts even more realizing that there were no consequences to his actions. While Mae was hurting, he was perfectly fine living his best life.

There were no consequences, until today. Today, he'll regret everything.

I'm not about to go play this game dirty, no. Instead, I'm going to embarrass the shit out of him as best as I can.

The second the ref blows the whistle, my mind switches into football mode. We win possession, and begin passing the ball around Real Madrid, trying our best to keep the ball away. I have to admit, Real Madrid is a very good team. With players like Jude Bellingham and Vinícius Júnior leading their attack, it's pretty hard not to be a bit scared of them.

Lucky for us, we're just as good, maybe even better. Most of us started off playing for the badge when we were quite young and have had a lot of time to adapt and grow as a team. This has made us a strong and pretty unstoppable force.

I'm passed the ball, and begin to dribble up the field, with very little pressure on me. I'm about to pass the ball wide, when I notice Christian beginning to run at me with full speed. This is the perfect opportunity.

I pick up speed and begin to dribble straight towards him. Just as he's about to reach me, I cut the ball to the left. He quickly adjusts his body, and leans left towards the ball, but before he can touch it, I cut it back to the right. My quick cut leaves him completely unbalanced, causing him to fall into a split position.

I hear the "ooooos" and the laughs as I dribble away from Christian. I'm just outside the 18-yard box, when I see Raphinha making a run. I pass it to him through the two defenders, then quickly curve my run to the back post. Raphinha crosses it, and I volley it into the back of the net.

Goal!!! I do my usual celebration, kissing my badge, but this time as I kiss my badge, I point to where Mae is supposed to be sitting. Who knows if she sees it, but all I can do is hope that she does.

By the end of the first half, we are still up 1-0. After scoring the goal, I made it my mission to make Christians life hell on the field. Every time he got the ball, I made sure I was there ready to steal it from him. I'm not ever sure if he completed one pass that half.

After a quick talk from Xavi, we begin to head out to the field for the second half.

"Dude, you were on fire," Pedri exclaims, pushing me on the shoulder.

"What? Oh, ya I guess," I say, brushing it off.

"Mmmmm, are you on something?" he asks, stopping me in my tracks to look into my eyes.

"Bro, no. I just- Well... Mae's ex is on the other team, and he just wasn't good to her, so I wanna make sure we beat his ass," I whisper quietly, not wanting anyone else to here.

"No way! Who is it?"

"Christian Santos. Number 4."

"Ew, Mae dated that asshole? I heard he's a total douche," Pedri explains.

"Tell me about it," I mutter, before stepping onto the field.

I look to the other side of the field to find Christian glaring at me. He looks like he wants to kill me. Well, that's just great.

The ref blows his whistle, and the second half begins. We had kick-off, so the ball is in our possession. We pass the ball around, all of us in sync as we move around the field. Alejandro receives the ball and begins to sprint up the field with the ball at his feet.

One of the easiest and most simple ways to score is to change the speed of the game and catch your opponent on the counterattack. The other team never sees it coming and is usually left with only one or two players in defense, just like right now.

Balde crosses it into the box, and I get to it, laying it off to Pedri who is behind me. Without taking a touch, he slams the ball into the back of the net.

It's another goal!!

He runs over to me and says, "That one was for Mae."

Ha! Take that Christian!

As we get back into the position, I can tell that the Real Madrid players are frustrated. Losing an El Clasico sucks, but losing an El Clasico when your home is ten times worse. I can tell that the rest of the game is about to be pretty rough.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm on the ground with an ankle that is in a lot of pain. All thanks to Christian and his not so fun Brexit tackle that got him a yellow card.

Our team medics rush onto the field, and quickly look over my ankle. They help me to my feet, and I attempt to put pressure on it. Surprisingly, it doesn't hurt too bad.

I'm thinking of asking for a sub, since I would rather not hurt my ankle more, when I look over to find Christian staring at me with a smug smile on his face. No way in hell am I letting him get away with the satisfaction of making me leave the field.

I tell the medics that I still want to play, and they quickly sit me down to wrap my ankle. I throw my cleat and sock back on, and hop back onto the field.

Ten minutes later, the game is over. Final score: 2:00. I can't help but feel quite happy that I completely embarrassed the shit out of Christian, and hopefully humbled him a bit.

Now all I want to do is get out of here, find my girlfriend, and enjoy our little vacation.

Hehehe! That was a bit of a fun chapter, right? I can totally imagine Gavi embarrassing the shit out of someone on the field. anyways, hope you enjoyed that chapter! ALSO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 10K VIEWS!!! Next one is coming out on Monday! (7/10/23)